Start up question

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jase726
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Start up question

Post by Jase726 »

I was wondering what sensor controls the mixture when starting? The reason I ask is I'm still having hot start dramas. I've just moved into a building with basement parking and I've noticed that when it winds for that few seconds when it's hot you can smell the fuel when it starts. Is it possible that it's getting the mixture wrong. Cold starts are perfect. When my VS was doing the same thing all I did was replace the coolant temp sensor and it was sorted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bennoz
National President

Re: Start up question

Post by Bennoz »

Yes, the coolant temp sensor can cause that, but I've never really heard of it being so bad you can actually smell fuel :scratch:
Jase726
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase726 »

Have you changed one on a fto Bennoz? I'll see if i can one and change it out. Its a long shot but it would be nice. The fuel smell may have only happened once or twice. Took a bit longer to crank today and the black cloud was proportionate.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Jase726 wrote:Have you changed one on a fto Bennoz? I'll see if i can one and change it out. Its a long shot but it would be nice. The fuel smell may have only happened once or twice. Took a bit longer to crank today and the black cloud was proportionate.
Yeah, it's not hard to change out. There are 2 sensors on the FTO, one up the top near the thermostat housing (thats the one that does the temp gauge) and the ECU one is further down the back, underneath all the water piping.