CV Joint Help

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

KEA7IN
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

CV Joint Help

Post by KEA7IN »

Need advice on the FTO CV joints EG: what is compatible ? possibly a Galant or who is the best supplier or reparier. Keeping in mind my car has to towed now until repaired.
Has anybody had to replace or rebuild the CV joins on their
fto trip auto recently any info would be greatly appreaciated
I need to do one at the moment I am located in wollongong NSW.

One more question is, if doing one should i get both done.
my FTO has 200,000 klms. Appreaciate any help Thanks
KEA7IN
Apprentice

Post by KEA7IN »

Looks like nobody has had this problem.
Anyway i got some replies at another forum
I ended up purchasing a second hand Drive shaft with inner and outer CV joint for $185 plus $50 postage
I could have got a CV joint for a GR but they could not garantee GR & GPX were the same although they appeared to be
After i emailed them they got straight back to me each time I spoke to
Peter Lee.
They seem to have a quite a few FTO parts new and used so if your getting a quote for parts give them a try.
www.kempys.co.nz
info@kempys.co.nz
salacious
Grease Monkey

Post by salacious »

I know it isn't any help now but Camskill in the UK do sell the outer and inner CV boot kits and they are the same for all FTO models. Mitsubishi do sell similar kits (not sure if they are identical) but they aint cheap.

The three repair kits that Mitsi do are
TJ repair kit MR232221 (common with some LANCER/MIRAGE models)
TJ boot repair kit MR232222/3/4 depending on model (MR232222 common with some LANCER/MIRAGE models the other two are FTO specific)
BJ boot repair kit MR232401 (common with one LANCER/MIRAGE and some DIAMANTE models)
YLD-FTO
Apprentice

Post by YLD-FTO »

hey KEA7IN .... i just had my 2 driveshafts changed with new parts from my dealer.. JAP LINK MOTORS ... In Haberfield off parramatta rd :) great guys there can get next to anything your imports require and at a affordable price i paid around $480 for both shafts inc labour .. u could also go with mitsubishi but i gots quoted 900+$$ each 8O 8O 8O 8O

not sure of their number ill check the sticker on my rear window :P but just call the directory and ask 4 number ..GOODLUCK :D
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

i have 2 cv shafts sitting in my garage....but theyre only for a factory lsd gearbox....

simon