Side View Mirrors [PROBLEM]

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ZiNTiS
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Side View Mirrors [PROBLEM]

Post by ZiNTiS »

Hello guys .
My side view mirrors doesn't close and open with the button what can i do ? :(
Any solution ?
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Side View Mirrors [PROBLEM]

Post by PHIL069 »

I'll take this one :D

A DIY I did a while back...http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27231
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ZiNTiS

Post by ZiNTiS »

PHIL069 wrote:I'll take this one :D

A DIY I did a while back...http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27231
OMG ! That's very helpful thread i couldn't find it !
Thank you PHIL !! :D :D
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

No worries :D
Hope it helps
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ZiNTiS

Post by ZiNTiS »

PHIL069 wrote:I'll take this one :D

today i did this DIY and not fixed :(
when i press to turn the mirrors right left up down this works but when i press to close the mirrors i feel the button not work :/

Help please . :(
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Did you do step 4 in the DIY to see if you are getting power from the switch to the mirror?
ZiNTiS

Post by ZiNTiS »

PHIL069 wrote:Did you do step 4 in the DIY to see if you are getting power from the switch to the mirror?
i dont have multimeter :/

I thought since I can do it from inside the mirror left right
the problem will solve if i glue that thing inside the mirror that was not in position when i opened :(
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

The left/right switch is on a different circuit than the open/close switch.
You have to see if you are getting power to the mirrors from the open/close switch so we will know if your problem is inside the car or outside the car.

By the sounds of it you had to fix the "that thing" anyway.
You can buy a multimeter for $10 or wire in a 12V light globe (test light) and do the same step 4 and see if the light glows.
ZiNTiS

Post by ZiNTiS »

PHIL069 wrote:The left/right switch is on a different circuit than the open/close switch.
You have to see if you are getting power to the mirrors from the open/close switch so we will know if your problem is inside the car or outside the car.

By the sounds of it you had to fix the "that thing" anyway.
You can buy a multimeter for $10 or wire in a 12V light globe (test light) and do the same step 4 and see if the light glows.
ok thanks i will buy multimeter and i will try :)

when i press the left /right switch the mirrors is hard to turn something is wrong there any way :/
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Well maybe you need to replace the switch, ask if anyone can lend you one to try.

EDIT: you're in Cyprus :lol:
ZiNTiS

Post by ZiNTiS »

PHIL069 wrote:Well maybe you need to replace the switch, ask if anyone can lend you one to try.

EDIT: you're in Cyprus :lol:
[The only good thing in Cyprus is the Beach :D
and i am far away from the beach]
i find another one switch the first owner has already changed the switch once :?
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

If it's a little hard to move the mirrors around (left, right, up and down) try gently pushing them with your finger while having the switch pressed to assist the movement. For example, press the mirror adjust switch top...while pressing gently on the mirror glass to move it on the top angle....do that for all the four directions. Sometimes the motor does jam up and assisting them with the movement couple of times seems to fix the problem.

Did you check the two solenoids touching the little PCB inside the mirrors? Those two little solenoids have a habit of coming off their slots, or simply breaking...so you can't open/close the mirrors. Make sure you put them in place so they are touching the metal strip in the PCB. After that, same way, try putting the mirror switch on open, while manually moving the mirror to open....do the same to close....put switch in close position and manually push the mirror box in. Do it couple of times, specially if you start hearing a motor whizzing around inside.
ZiNTiS

Post by ZiNTiS »

shadowarrior wrote:If it's a little hard to move the mirrors around (left, right, up and down) try gently pushing them with your finger while having the switch pressed to assist the movement. For example, press the mirror adjust switch top...while pressing gently on the mirror glass to move it on the top angle....do that for all the four directions. Sometimes the motor does jam up and assisting them with the movement couple of times seems to fix the problem.

Did you check the two solenoids touching the little PCB inside the mirrors? Those two little solenoids have a habit of coming off their slots, or simply breaking...so you can't open/close the mirrors. Make sure you put them in place so they are touching the metal strip in the PCB. After that, same way, try putting the mirror switch on open, while manually moving the mirror to open....do the same to close....put switch in close position and manually push the mirror box in. Do it couple of times, specially if you start hearing a motor whizzing around inside.
I didn't buy multimeter yet i was too busy :roll: . Ty for DIY shadowarrior i will try it . :salut: