Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JAMZO_wamZo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

AC/Heater questions

Post by JAMZO_wamZo »

Hi folks!

Just a query on my AC and heater

I've got climate control with the screen, my car doesn't seem to want to abide by the rules when I change the temp, I put it on 17c but it blows out hot as air and on every other setting blows the same temp.

so could this be as simple as re-gasing the system? or could it be something else and is there anyway of diagnosing before I take it to aircon place?

(When I bought the car, it had been sitting for few months un-driven/started). If this info helps.

Thanks! :D
Hey. Hey fella..
Sahin
HULK

Re: AC/Heater questions

Post by Sahin »

Yeah regas it but before you do take this cap off and shove something onto the pin and see if gas escapes... if nothing happens then you need to regas, but be careful coz it's apparently pretty toxic lol and you might need to figure out how the gas escaped in the first place lol
Attachments
IMG_0038.JPG
JAMZO_wamZo
Grease Monkey

Post by JAMZO_wamZo »

Sahin wrote:Yeah regas it but before you do take this cap off and shove something onto the pin and see if gas escapes... if nothing happens then you need to regas, but be careful coz it's apparently pretty toxic lol and you might need to figure out how the gas escaped in the first place lol
Oh thanks man! Ill check it out tomorrow and see what the go is there, never really had to deal with air com issues but I knew it wasn't working when I bought it.

I shall report back when I know more! Thank you again :)
Hey. Hey fella..
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

The gas isn't that bad, just gives u a head spin for half an hour and then your right. Cut the pipe the other day lol
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hang on. The aircon gas will not effect your heating or temperature control, so there is no point checking that unless you are not getting cooling when aircon is on. There is a little corrugated pipe behind the aircon unit that if not connected to the back of the unit will cause it to go a little haywire at times, but im guessing the climate control unit itself is possibly shot (they sometimes die).
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    JAMZO_wamZo
    Grease Monkey

Post by JAMZO_wamZo »

dstocks wrote:Hang on. The aircon gas will not effect your heating or temperature control, so there is no point checking that unless you are not getting cooling when aircon is on. There is a little corrugated pipe behind the aircon unit that if not connected to the back of the unit will cause it to go a little haywire at times, but im guessing the climate control unit itself is possibly shot (they sometimes die).
    I haven't had a go at anything yet, wet and rainy here and no undercover space to check it out :(

But yeah, it won't change its temperature it'll just slowly warm up over time. EG; Turn car on, turn a/c on have it set on 21c it'll warm up slowly, its "Feels" 21c at about 15-20seconds of running, 1-2minutes its warmed up past 21c and then about 5minutes of running its blowing very hot air.

When you say Climate Control unit, is that the In-car thing with the screen? I've got two of them currently, and they both are blowing hot air, and when i say it blows hot air, that's all it does and its the kind of heat that makes you feel like your face is melting lols. I have fiddled with the settings it has going through them, the snowflake and eco and where it draws air from, at the moment its set to draw air from outside and blow onto hands and feet. outside temp gauge works as well.

But tomorrow the weather man says the rain is clearing, so i will go check out everything you and Sahin have suggested and i'll post back!

Thank you a lot for your posts! :D
    Hey. Hey fella..
    JAMZO_wamZo
    Grease Monkey

Post by JAMZO_wamZo »

Okay just a little reply, Went round and did a good check and everything looks to be fine with my eyes, I Did the Pin thing to that valve and nothing happened didn't feel or hear any gas trying to come out, which i guess means i need to get a regas and i will probably ask them to check for any leaks too.
    Hey. Hey fella..
    Astron_Boy
    Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

System gets pressure checked when they re-gas, especially if the system is empty; as a seal could have perished.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

As I said before though, that hasnt got anything to do with the heating side of things
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Sahin
      HULK

Post by Sahin »

Yeah, I think he means that it blows the same temperature no matter what the temperature is set to Dwayne..
      so it's just blowing normal air
      So his heater core is fucked and his aircon gas has escaped, which is the same as mine...