Onto my next problem...

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTOwnage
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Onto my next problem...

Post by FTOwnage »

Pretty much since I bought my GPvR off Ninpo in March I've found it to be using a considerably large amount of fuel. Changed sparkplugs and leads, checked and tightened o2 sensor near flex pipe and Ninpo told me he had to replace the stepper motor shortly before I picked up the car. Vectose noticed an irregularity in the the exhaust note when idling, possible misfiring?

This evening I've reset my ECU and cleared my error codes, then followed the ftowa.com tutorial for checking codes and it has brought up #62 (intake air control valve position sensor). Is this the little inlet valve motor on the driver side of the intake manifold? Would it be broken, not aligned properly, repairable or is it something else.

Sorry in advance for the way I have presented my problem, I'm coming off 65hr week with the colonel... :geny:
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Re: Onto my next problem...

Post by FTOwnage »

Or is this the stepper motor?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Im having a misfire on idle and a burble in the beginning of mivec. im leaning towards coilpacks giving a dirty spark
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Tightened the o2 sensor... how about replacing it? They have a life span, which if factory, it's over.

Only other thing is coolant temp sensor, coil packs. however if coil packs it wouldn't be running correctly.
Timing is the last thing, unsure how you check the timing on an FTO, too used to carbies.
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

Just took it for a good drive up to Maitland and back.

Now showing two codes :(

21 and 62

So my coolant sensor has failed/failing?

Might explain why my gauge in the cluster has been sitting still in the past week :-/
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Have you been arsing around the engine bay?
Perhaps you simply knocked off the wire, it's in a retarded spot right under the top radiator hose, and I've managed to crimp ours a couple of times.