FS SYD: eManage Ultimate - SOLD

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FS SYD: eManage Ultimate - SOLD

Post by Shane001 »

Edit: This is SOLD.

I’ve decided I’m going to part out the eManage Ultimate computer, fuel mods and intake mods and return the race car back to factory so I can reduce the price further and hopefully pick up a buyer.

My preference is to sell this as a complete kit, though I may look at separating out some of it to bring down the price, such as the fuel lines mods (not really needed tbh) as I can use these fittings on the new race car.

First a little info. The eManage Ultimate is a piggy back ecu, so it retains the factory ecu to run all the normal functions of the car. In fact if you plug it in with no map changes it will have zero effect on the running of the car. The advantage it has over other piggy back computers (ie the Haltech) is that it tunes the fuel and ignition timing directly. Other piggy backs simply intercept the crank and MAP sensor signals and change these so that the factory ecu is ‘fooled’ into reading from a different cell in the factory fuel & ignition maps. The eManage Ultimate intercepts the actual injector and ignition signals and adds/subtracts these directly, without any affect over the factory ecu map settings. So although piggybacks such as the Haltech are much simpler to install, the eManage Ultimate is much more sophisticated and capable of much greater variance when tuning, especially if running bigger injectors or adding turbo or supercharging. It also allows you to adjust fuel without effecting timing, and vice versa, which other piggy backs can’t do.

The eManage Ultimate also includes in built logging, including logging playback and map tracing. So to fine tune you can go for a run at the track while logging, then play the log file back overlayed on your fuel or timing maps, showing directly the cells you need to fine tune.

But there’s more. It also auto tunes your fuel map for you using a connected wideband O2 sensor. You set your target air fuel ratio and then go for a drive, and it tunes your fuel map for you. This feature actually works remarkably well while enabled and you can then use this to establish a base tune that you can then fine tune with logging.

Still more. If you’re going turbo, with a little modification the eManage Ultimate can also provide boost control, at predefined rpm points that you set and control. Pretty powerful EBC!

And yes you can also control Mivec, though myself and many others have proved that changing the Mivec point has no benefit, in fact when I tested this on the dyno we actually lost power. But I still used it on the racecar as I knew it would always turn on Mivec, whereas the factory ecu may not under certain conditions. You could use this ‘switching’ feature to turn on other functions though. Ie for a turbo car turning on an intercooler sprayer only while on boost, or maybe running methanol injection only over a certain rpm ;)

So what is involved in installing this? Well most of the work is all done for you. This is all mostly plug and play, including the complete wiring loom. Just disconnect your existing ecu connectors, plug them into one side of the wiring connector included, and plug the other side back into your factory ecu. Wiring done!
You will need to drill a couple of holes in the driver’s side guard to mount the fuel pressure regulator, and you’ll need to install the AFR & FPR gauges in your console. You will need to install the injectors, the modified intake plenum and connect up the new fuel lines. And of course you will need to have a threaded bung welded into your exhaust pipe for the wideband O2 sensor (this is the only step you would probably need someone to do for you, ie an exhaust shop).

Assuming you already have extractors and reasonable intake piping and pod, you should be pretty much good to go with my existing tune, just with a little fine tuning required.

So what’s included;
Trust Greddy eManage Ultimate ECU
Trust e-manage Ultimate Harness Kit (1.2m)
Trust A/F Option Port Harness
Trust Injector Adapter 4 (Eliminates check light for injector use for Mitsi V6 engines)
Trust switching harness (for logging on/off switch)
Field One-Touch ecu loom connector (for plug and play connection with the factory ecu)
Innovate LC1 wideband O2 sensor including guage.
Mitsubishi factory 210cc Injectors.
Modified intake plenum & 65mm Mitsubishi factory throttle body (see notes below).
Custom parallel fuel rail feed with Malpassi fuel pressure regulator & VDO fuel pressure guage.
Glove box including alloy mount for the eManage Ultimate also included.

The intake plenum has been bored out for the 65mm throttle body, has had the internal butterflies for the Variable Induction Control removed, and has had some additional metal removed internally to help increase airflow. Variable Induction Control uses butterflies on each of the internal port runners of the intake plenum to partially block off the runners at lower rpm levels to help increase lower rpm torque. From memory these butterflies open around 4000rpm. Obviously for the racecar we cared not for anything below 5000rpm, so removed these in the hope that it would increase upper rpm air flow and therefore power. I don’t have any back to back dyno figures but these changes certainly didn’t hurt ;)

So this has got to be the longest for sale post ever right lol! So how much?!

All up there is well over $2000 worth of parts here. Plus of course not including time and labour costs to get this all working correctly.

Asking $1500 for the complete kit. Or $1200 without the fuel rail mods (but including the 210cc injectors).
(TBH I don’t know whether these fuel rail mods would be street legal, and I really don’t think they would be necessary. The factory fuel pressure regulator should have no problems maintaining correct pressure.)

And some pics :)
TrustKitParts.JPG
Wiring1.JPG
Wiring2.JPG
eMUInstalled1.jpg
Guages.JPG
PlenumBefore.JPG
PlenumAfter.JPG
FuelRailIn.JPG
FuelRailOut.jpg
Last edited by Shane001 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Re: FS SYD: eManage Ultimate + Intake Mods + Fuel Rail Mods

Post by Shane001 »

Also would consider parting this out if someone didn't want the whole kit, provided the eManage Ultimate itself is spoken for;

Trust Greddy eManage Ultimate ECU including the following $800.
>Trust e-manage Ultimate Harness Kit (1.2m)
>Trust A/F Option Port Harness
>Trust Injector Adapter 4 (Eliminates check light for injector use for Mitsi V6 engines)
>Trust switching harness (for logging on/off switch)
>Field One-Touch ecu loom connector (for plug and play connection with the factory ecu)
>Glove box including alloy mount for the eManage Ultimate also included.
Plug and play ready to go. Simply disconnect your existing ecu connectors, plug them into one side of the wiring connector included, and plug the other side back into your factory ecu. All the wiring and base programming is already done for you. Then off to get tuned!

Modified intake plenum & 65mm Mitsubishi factory throttle body $200.

Mitsubishi factory 210cc Injectors $80.

Innovate LC1 wideband O2 sensor including guage $200.
TBH I'll probably just keep this for the new racecar. You can add one to the above wiring harness later very easily, the connectors will still be part of the harness so it's just a matter of plugging it in.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

I say f**K yea i'm getting this, but my wallet is going "don't you f**king dare"....

Still waiting on my tax return, so this is a maybe for me if no-one else gets in. I'm not going to ask for it to be held for me, but i'm about 75% chance when I get the cash...

*goes and gets second job*
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
HeRo
Grease Monkey

Post by HeRo »

Factory throttle size is 60mm? the 65mm is an upgraded but factory fitting yeah? and stock injectors are...160cc? (possibly made that up)

Otherwise i'm quite interested (just for street use though) in the lot minus the fuel rail stuff.

though would i need the other Trust stuff you're selling other than the emanage ultimate?
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

FTO factory is 60mm throttle body and 166cc injectors.

The 65mm throttle body is factoy Mitsubishi from a Magna from memory with a few minor modifications, and modifications to the intake plenum to suit. The 210cc injectors are again factory Mitsubishi from memory from a Lancer, so direct fit. The only thing not connected on the throttle body is the water hoses, but tbh you're better off to do this bypass anyway, unless you live in Tassie ;)

All the Trust items are all wired together so yes they come as one pre wired kit ready to plug straight in.
ash1987
Grease Monkey

Post by ash1987 »

i would so love this but dont have the dollars for it :(
1998 gpvr aero
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

SOLD