Anyone know Taz outside the forums?

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bjk
Totes
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Anyone know Taz outside the forums?

Post by bjk »

Maybe, but you can't prove it, can you? Blurh, what a mess...
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Imo, for a buyer, proof of money being sent via bank records and for a seller, documents to prove that the item was shipped is the most basic mandatory thing to have when brought into any dispute. If any party cannot produce such a document, they are at fault. Specially for an item worth $800, I would send the seller a tracking number straight away. He doesn't have any proof to back up his side of the story, whereas you have enough proof to hold him accountable.
Talk to legal aid and send him a legal letter.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

bjk wrote:Maybe, but you can't prove it, can you? Blurh, what a mess...
I can think of a better word to replace "mess"

And yeah, as Shadow said.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Tell him youll take a copy of all the receipts and check each one individually with Hunter, They should be able to tell you where each was sent and you can then prove/disprove that statement.Also, an engine from QLD to SA is going to be very high, so you should be able to rule out anything under $100 at least. Probably over $200.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    bjk
    Totes

Post by bjk »

He thinks I'm interrogating him for information.
    Image Image Image Image
    FTOwnage
    Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

Check your PM ^
    FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
    bjk
    Totes

Post by bjk »

FTOwnage wrote:Check your PM ^
    Cheers.

He's said he doesn't want to chase up the engine any more, so I don't know what to do with that...
    Image Image Image Image
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Well, you havent received the item, so you have a right to ask questions. If as he says it was delivered and they are not going to come to the party, the fair outcome is to split the difference and refund half your money. This is of course IF he canprove it was sent.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      bjk
      Totes

Post by bjk »

dstocks wrote:Well, you havent received the item, so you have a right to ask questions. If as he says it was delivered and they are not going to come to the party, the fair outcome is to split the difference and refund half your money. This is of course IF he canprove it was sent.
      Do you think it would be worth asking if Hunter has any bank records of it? Or would it not really be different from them not having a booking?
      Image Image Image Image
      shadowarrior
      Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

dstocks wrote:Well, you havent received the item, so you have a right to ask questions. If as he says it was delivered and they are not going to come to the party, the fair outcome is to split the difference and refund half your money. This is of course IF he canprove it was sent.
      Last I spoke to Taz some weeks back..or maybe a month, that's what Taz agreed to do. To meet Bjk half way... but since then no progress has been made, no payments transferred, if I try to remind Taz he goes, "don't annoy me else he won't get any payments from me". I tried explaining to Taz that he should try to help locate the engine, unless he can prove that he has shipped it in the first place, then bjk can chase it up with Hunter to compensate him. But he said he has tried finding the receipts/tracking number but couldn't find any or remember when the shipment was booked. So he can't do anything else to track this engine. He has no documents whatsoever, and every detail bjk is getting from Hunter and all the sms/email conversations they have been having isn't looking at Taz's favor. Taz doesn't want to add Bjk on facebook because "he can't be bothered explaining his situation, and he isn't sure if he should pay him in full/half/or nothing at all".

TBH this is a dick move from Taz's part. I tried to ask Taz about it since I know him personally and he didn't appear to be a dickhead. Also the fact that I take honesty and trust as an important part in any sort of 'club/forum/etc'. If someone did this to me in another state, I would have expected some club member from that guy's state to try and talk to the person and figure out what's going on. That's why I tried talking to Taz and sort it out.

With the latest development, I would seek legal advice.
      Sahin
      HULK

Post by Sahin »

shadowarrior wrote:
      Last I spoke to Taz some weeks back..or maybe a month, that's what Taz agreed to do. To meet Bjk half way... but since then no progress has been made, no payments transferred, if I try to remind Taz he goes, "don't annoy me else he won't get any payments from me". I tried explaining to Taz that he should try to help locate the engine, unless he can prove that he has shipped it in the first place, then bjk can chase it up with Hunter to compensate him. But he said he has tried finding the receipts/tracking number but couldn't find any or remember when the shipment was booked. So he can't do anything else to track this engine. He has no documents whatsoever, and every detail bjk is getting from Hunter and all the sms/email conversations they have been having isn't looking at Taz's favor. Taz doesn't want to add Bjk on facebook because "he can't be bothered explaining his situation, and he isn't sure if he should pay him in full/half/or nothing at all".

TBH this is a dick move from Taz's part. I tried to ask Taz about it since I know him personally and he didn't appear to be a dickhead. Also the fact that I take honesty and trust as an important part in any sort of 'club/forum/etc'. If someone did this to me in another state, I would have expected some club member from that guy's state to try and talk to the person and figure out what's going on. That's why I tried talking to Taz and sort it out.

With the latest development, I would seek legal advice.
      He hasn't even sent the f**king engine! Who the hell loses an engine? Ill go around to his place and video me doing it and ask to check the engine bay of his wreck.. I bet it's still there
      Why else would he be so absent from everyone nod everything? He's a dodgy prick and a thieving bastard! And yes I'm not afraid to put this all out there on a public forum!
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

A receipt should have a consignment number on it. I do quite a bit of work though couriers. Each job has one that can be used for tracking. Even if the receipt doesnt have a consignment number on it, it will have a unique number on it that should be able to be traced back to the item that was sent. He would have had to stick a consignment note on the box in order for it to be sent. The mob I use email this as a PDF. He would have either received something electronic or mailed something in paper form (I doubt it would have been paper). Its not like Aussie post where you just write on the parcel.There should definitely be a paper trail.
        Sahin
        HULK

Post by Sahin »

dstocks wrote:A receipt should have a consignment number on it. I do quite a bit of work though couriers. Each job has one that can be used for tracking. Even if the receipt doesnt have a consignment number on it, it will have a unique number on it that should be able to be traced back to the item that was sent. He would have had to stick a consignment note on the box in order for it to be sent. The mob I use email this as a PDF. He would have either received something electronic or mailed something in paper form (I doubt it would have been paper). Its not like Aussie post where you just write on the parcel.There should definitely be a paper trail.
        This^^
        I used to work as a courier! An nothing like this happens... There's such a stringent process for this kind of sh*t...
        -Nighthawk-
        Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Sahin wrote: This^^
        I used to work as a courier! An nothing like this happens... There's such a stringent process for this kind of sh*t...
        Yep a company I worked for use to do secure data deliveries, and working as a systems admin I know the processes that are used, right into the databases that manage them.

Everything can be traced back, I would assume the courier company has done it's research and concluded that no delivery ever took place.
        Vectose
        Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

I would suggest we have the QLD folk have a christmas party at Taz' place. They can have a mini bonfire in his house. :troll:

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit. :lol:

But as has been said above. Courier companies simply don't lose track of an item, and if one does go missing they will be talking to whoever handled it after the last scan point. If there is no booking then it was simply never sent.
        Bennoz wrote:
        Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
        A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
        shadowarrior
        Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

I have used ego couple of times now. Every time I was emailed a 4 parts of a form..I stick three to the goods, I keep one. And every single time they stamped on all the 4 forms in front of me. The form and/or the stamp had the consignment number. I could track it straight away within half n hour of dropping them in, saying Goods Received.

I even had a proper documents trail for the damn wreck I sold to the wreckers. :|
        bjk
        Totes

Post by bjk »

Hmm. Hurrrrr. Well, I guess there isn't really much more info I can gather. Aside from anyone seeing if the engine is still there or not.