Lights staying on problem

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jackt33
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Lights staying on problem

Post by jackt33 »

This is a strange one. Basically if you put fuse 4 in the engine bay fuse box in which is for the interior lights it will keep the side lights on and interior lights on constantly and will not switch off once the doors shut or side light switch turned off. If you keep this fuse out it the side lights turn on and off fine, interior lights don't come on and also the bleep when the doors open doesn't work. So all in all I can have lights on constantly with the bleep once the doors open or no bleep no interior lights but can switch lights on and off normally. Has anyone got any ideas why this is ? I have read about the fog switch on the dash fusing together, could it be this ? thanks
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Lights staying on problem

Post by PHIL069 »

What if you put your fuse in and hold the interior light button in, the button in the door frame that the door pushes when it's closed?
Test both door buttons, get someone to help you so you can try either door button and both at the same time.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
jackt33

Re: Lights staying on problem

Post by jackt33 »

Ok I will try that and report back. thanks