Newbie looking to buy an FTO

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

WillCM
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Newbie looking to buy an FTO

Post by WillCM »

Hey guys, I live in Bunbury WA and have been enquiring everywhere over here for an FTO. Luckily, the car yard across from my work has a nice white one for sale and since I'm new to imports I was wondering if you guys could give me a little nudge in the right direction with this thing.

http://bunburyautos.com.au/listing/mits ... vec-coupe/

Thats the car I'm looking at, I just don't want to rush into it and thought I'd scope the scene out before I put my hard earned deposit down on it.

Thanks for any help guys :)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: Newbie looking to buy an FTO

Post by Daniel2019 »

WTTC.

GPX, facelift bar, dcuatro side skirts and rear apron with a version R wing. Looks pretty clean and fairly stock aside from the kit and red interior bits. Not really that rare as the ad says (also says has factory alloys - those are aftermarket)

Looks pretty nice though. Possibly a touch high on the price. For an extra 2 grand you could buy Bobby which has extras worth moar than the extra $2k.

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28122

If you go look at it, checking for any roof rust around the passenger and drivers side and the front is probably your main concern (and making sure it runs well, obviously)

Also only has half an air box, but that's easily fixed :lol:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
WillCM

Post by WillCM »

I'm getting it for $5k after I trade in my $500 Ford TX5. $3.5k after my tax goes into it. It hasn't got any rust whatsoever and the body is in just about perfect nick, I would give more info into the model it is but I had no clue what I was looking for before doing a bit of digging tonight and I'm taking it for a test drive on Friday to see how everything runs.

This will be my first "tuner" car, so I see it as more of an entry level buy to get me started and to give me a bit more experience with Japanese cars as I love the culture surrounding them.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

WillCM wrote:I'm getting it for $5k after I trade in my $500 Ford TX5. $3.5k after my tax goes into it. It hasn't got any rust whatsoever and the body is in just about perfect nick, I would give more info into the model it is but I had no clue what I was looking for before doing a bit of digging tonight and I'm taking it for a test drive on Friday to see how everything runs.

This will be my first "tuner" car, so I see it as more of an entry level buy to get me started and to give me a bit more experience with Japanese cars as I love the culture surrounding them.
Ah, well there you go then. Sounds like you've got yourself a good deal there mate. I'd recommend getting an inspection done by either a trusted mechanic or NRMA/Independant vehicle inspection company of some description just in case, but either way sounds pretty good.

Go for it :thumleft:
I fix cars.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Not much to tune on these cars unfortunately, f**k all aftermarket support. Unless you call aftermarket support eBay badges and stickers and gear gaitors.

Welcome to the club!
WillCM

Post by WillCM »

I'm actually too excited by this car to actually function. My neighbour had one when I was about 10 and I thought it was the coolest car on the planet. I have a mechanic mate who I'm going to get to have a look at it so it shouldn't have too many dramas.

Hopefully you'll be seeing more of me around the forums ;)
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

If you buy it, you must do one thing... get rid of that huge tacho! :p
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Technikhaus wrote:If you buy it, you must do one thing... get rid of that huge tacho! :p
My thoughts exactly
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

lol @ the tacho comments...

But yeah, looks pretty good... Usually imports are cheaper over in WA from what I have seen ... That was where my R32 5kyline came from ... :)

WTTC, and I would get rid of the red mesh in the front bar... Blue or black would fit the white colour IMO ... :eye:
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, that looks like a good one from the pics.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    SchumieFan
    Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

buy it, neg down to 6k if poss
    WillCM

Post by WillCM »

Already down to 5 ;)
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

WillCM wrote:Already down to 5 ;)
    Why did you even ask for help, you have all of this sh*t covered better than half of us :lol:
    I fix cars.
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Welcome WillCM :D

FTO's are a lot of fun to work on and drive.
    You can mod quite a bit of the car and parts aren't too hard to find and most aren't too expensive either.
    If the FTO you're lookin at turns out to be a buyer then you will enjoy the time you and your FTO have together.
    mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
    Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol: