Recaro Seat Bracket Adapters

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

c2
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Recaro Seat Bracket Adapters

Post by c2 »

Anyone know where to get Recaro seat bracket adapters for the FTO?
I have a set of Recaro seats from an Evo IV (SR-II) and I want to fit them to my car but dunno where to get the brackets. Hopefully there are someone selling it in melbourne otherwise I will still need it if at interstate.
Anyone can point me in the right directions in the form of website address or contact details of shops in Oz?
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

any shop that sells car seats should be able to help you out... all call the Recaro supplier in australia they maybe able to point you in the right direction
c2

Post by c2 »

That means that Autobahn would be able to help me?
Thanks
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Autpbarn may be able to help you it does no damage to ask. But i'd be thinking that the recaro's may need specific rails to fit, maybe checking with Roman Autotek in Sydney it think (the momo and recaro dealer i think in australia) they are at 14 Cavell Ave. Rhodes NSW. or on hte net at www.autotek.com.au Anyway I would think that may be a good idea just in case the recaros require something specfic to fit, you don't want your seat failing in an accident if they aren't mounted properly.
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

c2

Don't bother asking Roman Autotek in Melbourne. They won't do it due to legal reasons (insurance and ADR).

Have you try Recaro Orthopaedic Seating in Moorabbin? They are also Recaro suppliers.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Roman Autotek in Sydney has these rails/adapters for sale for Recaros.

I've still got their price list (albeit from 6 months ago).
From FTO to EVO......
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I just like one thing clear, Yes you can get an adaptor for Recaro/Spacro bucket seats, but make sure its for FTO, cause if you modify it from another model (eg; Lancer), you need a engineer to certify it, or you having the risk of "non-road worthy" & insurance won't pay out your claim if there's an accident.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Roman in Sydney could do it. I got a quote from them for a couple of SR3s with runners. Not sure if they were going to have to modify the runners.

But I didn't end up going through with it as my seats are still in good nick. Their establishment looks pretty tight, but I guess it doesn't hurt giving them a call to confirm about the engineer cert.
From FTO to EVO......
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

FTO338 wrote:I just like one thing clear, Yes you can get an adaptor for Recaro/Spacro bucket seats, but make sure its for FTO, cause if you modify it from another model (eg; Lancer), you need a engineer to certify it, or you having the risk of "non-road worthy" & insurance won't pay out your claim if there's an accident.
Not to mention indangering your life in the case of an accident :( :wink:
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

hey c2,

let us know how it goes..

thanks,

Jono