look to buy a xr6

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

adzski
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

look to buy a xr6

Post by adzski »

i had a previous topic about buying a ute, decided on a Au xr6, fuel economy wont be much better than the 4wd but ill just put it on gas.

anyway does anyone on the forum no of a decent AU xr6 for sale, has to be a manual, i have basically molested all the site where you can advertise looking for one.
perhaps you may no someone in your personal life.
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: look to buy a xr6

Post by silverGPX »

Au falcons look f**king shithouse lol
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

i only like the ones with the double lights each side. standard ones like you said are not attractive on the eye.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

silverGPX wrote:Au falcons look f**king shithouse lol
They usually go quite cheap because of this. They were the talk of the town when the launched. And it was not just because of the ugly front. Very hard for Ford to sell when new, and they are pretty much worth nothing.

While the XR had different lights, it still had the ugly rear pointed lights, and more of a curved and ugly body than other fords.

I did look at a brand new XR8 when they came out, based in dealers doing anything to sell them. Was a good car to drive in manual, and there were some good aftermarket kits you could pick up to improve some of the flaws..

But don't pay too much for one...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Some of the sellers are trying to get 10k, that's a laugh, way to much for a AU ford.

Look at a couple, I've got the feeling I'm going to be looking for a long time till I find exactly what I want and something that's no hacked!
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

ok i finally found a good one, its a black AU xr6,manual, got low ks 176,xxx (doubting its genuine ks though) and is good condition, currently getting rwc should pick it up next week sometime.