UAS Pipe and K&N Pod Filter

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sahin
HULK
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: UAS Pipe and K&N Pod Filter

Post by Sahin »

Lol
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

lol
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Chebus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

olo
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Chebus wrote:olo
Or lower offer?
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
c3rbera
Mechanic

Post by c3rbera »

Lol
silverGPX wrote:Nice supra
Manual '95 GPX
vanadinite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by vanadinite »

Lol
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Lol
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Lol
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I want to Lol, but I can't.
GLWS Bass
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Ok so it seems my pricing has caused some controversy (and mockery).
Alongside accusations of price gauging and whatever else (on FB)
So to clear some of the accusations out of the air and because I personally don't appreciate scrolling through both the club page and FB to see this kind of thing.
I'll outline my maths for you all.
The price I came up with was simple:
I paid $180 for the pipe when I bought it a few years ago.
I paid $100 for the pod, plus a little bit more for the clamps needed, also a few years ago.
While that equals approx $280 - I would agree that the pod would not be worth $100 anymore.
However my thinking was that it is still worth around $70-80,
And given the nature of the pipe (and the fact that prices rise over time), I know that there would be people interested in the pipe at $200-210.
But I'm not interested in separating, as I no longer need the filter.
Hence $280, ($210+70 plus clamps thrown in - sold as a kit)

But I also understand market supply and demand. If there is no demand at $280 then so be it, In that case I will have overvalued and I will have to adjust accordingly.
Considering every man and his dog on here wants a UAS pipe, I don't imagine it would need to change too far to pick up the required demand.
I also only sell through eBay as it provides rules and regulations around the transaction - giving me greater peace of mind about the reliability and timeliness of the sale.

This club has been a good source of information for me for a while - and is filled with a bunch of truly great people. However there are also a few which dampen the feeling and experience for the rest. I don't want to (or need to) name names, but it's just disappointing to see.

I'm not looking for a conversation around this, and I wish xena the best of luck with her new car.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Would you put a used oil filter on your engine?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I will just say, that I sell UAS intake pipes for $300 ... Usually (the ones I have found and sold) also come with a filter. And that is for a general filter, and sometimes you hit the jackpot and get an Apexi.

Honestly, you don't make money on car parts, and second hand (as a rule of thumb) usually is half of what it was purchased for...

So really, IMO your product has a max value of $140.

I am not butting in here to be a cock or anything, but work with retailers selling our products, and I look at successful retailers who put an adequate margin on things vs. retailers that fail and really jack up the price... Turnover is key...

Any spare parts I have listed, you will notice that they go within day's, and even hours of them being listed. Just a thought...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

I got a pipe for $70 and my brand new genuine hks pod was $50 lol
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

I got a brand new genuine hks pod from Japan for $75 to my door
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

I didn't see the issue in the price, but I'm not the target audience.

Given prices that some people will pay for certain items. (For some reason the figure of $200 keeps springing to mind) I thought nothing of it.

In the end, yeah, if it doesn't sell, oh well, relist, drop the price.

I listed a set of Mercedes ML third row brackets and belts (no longer manufactured items) for $600 mid last year.
By the time I had found anyone wanting the item, we negotiated down from the then list $300 to $220. (To this day a guy in the states still wants $800USD and will not ship.
I'm not cut, in the end they cost me nothing, so slightly different story, but fact remains, I didn't get what I want, so adjusted to market.

*shrug* people criticize so easily for giving things a try sometimes. (EVO 4WD conversions being the exception)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

part of the problem also imo is this whole low balling BS.

Someone lists something for sale for $x. You're interested, but not at that price. So you make an offer. Then get screamed at for low balling lol! Some people really are retards online lol! If someone makes you an offer that you aren't willing to accept, a better approach would be to simply thank them for their offer and decline. This is how negotiations start. The problem I find a lot on forums is there are people interested in what you're selling but are too scared to make an offer. Hence you then get people screaming at you for overpricing lol!

Oh gotta love the Internet ;)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Oh and god forbid if you manage to find something for a bargain and then list if for sale at a higher price.

Get caught out and you'll be hunted down and burned at the stake :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Shane001 wrote:Oh and god forbid if you manage to find something for a bargain and then list if for sale at a higher price.

I only have a problem with this when people buy it with no intention of using it (i.e. take it away from someone who genuinely wants it) then sell it to the club or their friends at a higher price. Why not just tell your friend that it's there?

dstocks and a few others are a bit different with this because they're always happy to help people out and also go to a lot of trouble to find bits and pieces for us, so I'm more than happy to pay the bit extra to help them out.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Daniel2019 wrote:
Shane001 wrote:Oh and god forbid if you manage to find something for a bargain and then list if for sale at a higher price.

I only have a problem with this when people buy it with no intention of using it (i.e. take it away from someone who genuinely wants it) then sell it to the club or their friends at a higher price. Why not just tell your friend that it's there?

dstocks and a few others are a bit different with this because they're always happy to help people out and also go to a lot of trouble to find bits and pieces for us, so I'm more than happy to pay the bit extra to help them out.
Agree you're not going to rip off your mates :lol: (although I've known a few 'mates' who wouldn't hesitate lol)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Shane001 wrote:
Daniel2019 wrote:

Agree you're not going to rip off your mates :lol: (although I've known a few 'mates' who wouldn't hesitate lol)
Pretty much :lol:

That wasn't aimed at bass twitch at all, was just a general reply to Shane's comment.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.