Results:Converted my car to 5spd Manual+bigger injectors etc

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

HeRo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Results:Converted my car to 5spd Manual+bigger injectors etc

Post by HeRo »

Car: GPvR

- Swapped my auto 4spd to the manual 5spd from a FTO GR (I heard that some of the GR gearboxes actually have closer gear ratios)

- upgraded my throttle body to 65mm over the stock 60mm,

- plus increased injectors to 210cc over the stock 166cc all thanks to Shane001.

I haven't yet installed the eManage Ultimate or the Innovate wideband sensor due to a power up issue with the eManage which i'm getting my tuner to work on now. We think that because my auto ecu is 3 pin and the eManage is 4-pin like the manual ecu's, we need to split some wiring or some sh*t to make up for the missing pin to get power.

So far More power? faster?
Yes, it's running a teeny bit rich, but definitely more power from 2nd to 3rd - I beat a friend's new Honda Accord with exhaust and intake by quite a bit now ( I pull away at 3rd) whereas I used to only be ahead by a car length with the auto.

One thing though, does anybody else think 2nd gear is retardedly long? Mine goes to about 100km/h. When I go from 1st to second, I drop out of MIVEC and this sh*ts me. 2nd to 3rd keeping MIVEC is no issue.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Re: Results:Converted my car to 5spd Manual+bigger injectors

Post by Shane001 »

I've got a manual ECU for you ;)

$100 posted if you want it.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Re gearing, yeah 1st gear is really short lol! Once off the line I never used it again. Depending on your gearing you'll hit redline around 60kph but then Mivec doesn't kickin in second until about 70. Then redlines in second around 105. You shouldn't really notice much drop in acceleration though, it's only for a split second and in second there should still be plenty of pull at 5000rpm.

How's it idle with those injectors without the eManage? It'll be idling mega rich. I doubt it'll be able to go into closed loop. Should still run OK but expect your fuel economy to go through the floor lol.
HeRo
Grease Monkey

Post by HeRo »

hehe that'd be two ECUs off you. It might be my only option; i'll let you know soon.

Re gearing what i'm finding is that 1st is super short and once i jump into 2nd my revs dont keep up; it drops 4000rpm so i lose MIVEC. I haven't played around this area too much as I installed a new clutch so I'm mindful to still let it "bite in" (not sure if maybe this is the reason)

as for the idle; it's sitting at about 1000rpm which really surprises me because it's not that high. Fuel economy i'm only just testing out now, but hopefully my tuner will get back to me and i'll have a sweet setup by next week. Looking forward to some meaner power especially lower end.