Phones

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shadowarrior
Tightarse
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Phones

Post by shadowarrior »

Bennoz wrote:
shadowarrior wrote:linux
:lol: I swear I had a pic saved with your face photoshopped on that guy's body!! :P
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

shadowarrior wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
:lol: I swear I had a pic saved with your face photoshopped on that guy's body!! :P
:?:
bro_guns.jpg
bro_guns.jpg (59.64 KiB) Viewed 345 times
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Bennoz wrote:
shadowarrior wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
:?:
bro_guns.jpg

loool!! Yeah that one! You are good sport, saving it again :P
Chebus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

DAFUQ!
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

shadowarrior wrote:You cannot troll me about the devices I use :)
Because I carry Android, iOS, portable linux and windows mobile devices all together...all the time. And I have been using these devices (Including Symbian, Java, Maemo, Blackberry OS) since the start of time. :)
So because you carry one of each device you are the most knowledgeable of all when it comes to what breaks and what stays alive.
Taking personal care and handling factor out of the equation that makes you a complete machine with zero ability to comment on which is better as you would see each device for it's use over it's downfall.

Troll on sunny jim, keep digging that hole. :lol:
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (45.05 KiB) Viewed 337 times
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

It's called a slope.
Chebus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

destinationtoby wrote:8)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
destinationtoby
Broke it

8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 328 times
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
c3rbera
Mechanic

Post by c3rbera »

destinationtoby wrote:Poor Rubes. Thread went to sh*t
Dude this is brilliant entertainment actually ahahaha.
Fknlol @ Linux.

But that article of Dwayne's there just about sums it up. I'll never buy an iPhone. All their products run fast and can run substandard hardware because they're dumbed down. That and Apple are tools. Their factory has had a heap of suicides and the company refuses to pay the American government tax. :roll:

I'm just worried no one cares I want to buy a phone that isn't even sold here..that doesn't even sound safe. :lol:
silverGPX wrote:Nice supra
Manual '95 GPX
c3rbera
Mechanic

Post by c3rbera »

Pretty much this. Apple can suck one. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpH4hrV ... ata_player
Manual '95 GPX
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

That's perfectly fine.

You're entitled to your opinion no matter how incorrect it is. :lol:
destinationtoby
Broke it

Astron_Boy wrote:That's perfectly fine.

This :lol:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Here I was wondering how this thread got so big in a few hours, then I sifted through all the crap and realised it was just crap :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
destinationtoby
Broke it

It was all shadowhawk and nightwarriors fault
c3rbera
Mechanic

Post by c3rbera »

kiz wrote:Here I was wondering how this thread got so big in a few hours, then I sifted through all the crap and realised it was just crap :lol:
It's like day time television...only good.
Manual '95 GPX
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Astron_Boy wrote:That's perfectly fine.

Hey, you were impressed with the features on my Note 3. :lol:

And you said you liked the phones you just didnt like Samsung.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Tbh, even I don't like Samsung :P But they are the only damn company which makes an android phone with the screen size and the stylus option which I need. :\
If you want to call me a fanboy...I <3 Nexus :)
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

shadowarrior wrote: You are treading on a thin line there kiddo. If a 45 year old gets really excited to get on a rollercoaster, would you call that spirit or maturity? When the 70 year old future you want to flirt with young chicks would you term it as spirit or maturity? :P

As for form factor, it really depends what you want and who you are talking to. Steve Jobs said 3.5 inch is the perfect and best screen size, anything more than that is a monstrosity. Guess what Iphone 5's screen size is? :) What about form factor for Androids? You can get 3.5 inch sized android phones as well if you prefer that size so much. Preferring Apple just over a 'form factor' of screen size is the worst point to hold up during an Apple vs Android argument.

Since you are so keen on a debate, you only stated Samsung as the dominant android phone, and compared it with trojans in windows. Hmmm... the bloatware you see, is mostly from your service provider. Samsung uses a customized UI, like many other companies. You can uninstall 80% of the Samsung apps or not even install them if you want. If you wanted a core Android experience, you would have gone for a Nexus device. But naah, your assumption was, every Android phone is full of bloatware. :)

Apps and appstore... Android is an opensource operating system. They encourage bedroom app developers to create apps and publish them. Heard of XDA? They still go through strict security checks (Have you submitted an app to Google Play Store or Apple store?) As a result, there are tons of opensource useful apps available for Android which you can't find in Apple store. Apple also drives away anything from their App Store which can possibly harm their business model, which is, to make customers dependant on their services only and charge sh*t load of money for it.

Not sure how you managed to get the idea that Google Play Store has crappy, flawed, and unsecure apps floating around.

Apple's app submission process mainly looks at the app meeting their business model than actually being a quality app. Do you know your beloved quality checked Apple Store had an app which sold for $999.99 and did nothing. Oh and there's plenty more of those, stupid buggy apps. :)

I can go on forever, but am too busy being immature and eating an ice cream at 30. :)
There's a difference between emotional maturity and having spirit, you can't seem to make the connection for whatever reason.

I like the way you take my quotes completely out of context, it's quite funny. I singled out that Samsung had a sh*t load of bloatware, and it shouldn't be up to the user to remove it all. It ruins the user experience if the first thing you have to do is REMOVE unnecessary junk from your phone. The first thing I did when I got my HTC One was to install the Google Rom Edition so I could get the Android experience as intended.

Please educate me on how the App store works. I work for a Digital agency in a large organisation which has a mobile division and publishes some of the biggest apps in the country for some of the largest organisations (most of our apps reaching millions of downloads each) I'm quite aware of how the process works. I also own an Apple Developer and Google Play Store account and have published apps before, so yes I know the entire process.

I know for a fact that the Google Play Store has a ton of spyware on it, there are constant reports how it's a problem for Android and it's getting worse. iOS is far more sandboxed than Android and more regulated, meaning it's harder for malicious apps to get through. If you really think the Google Play Store is secure and fine you need a reality check. I am quite aware of that app that sold for $999, it was a joke by the creators and was pulled by Apple a few days later (this was in the very early stages of the app-store mind you).

If you've actually done any mobile application development you'd see the strengths and weaknesses of each operating systems better. When accepting the terms of what access an Android app needs to the operating system you have to approve ALL of it, it's not up to the user to choose what is accessed and what isn't. iOS on the other hand allows you to individually approve or disapprove access to the API when it's called. This means if you don't want the app to access your contacts but you think it's fine for it to access your location then you're able to choose. I'm hoping Android 5 implements this type of security as trusting an app 100% at the start and giving it access to anything it calls through the API is just stupid.

I can also go on forever, but it seems wasted with a newbie like you. I have worked in multiple roles in the IT industry from a business / systems analyst, consultant, website developer, mobile application developer, systems administrator etc. I have far more in-depth experience into the different platforms, so please don't bother trying to educate me with your biased facts. You'll probably try to call it "trolling" (can't believe anyone past the age of a teenager is stupid enough to still do this) because I replied to you, but deep down you know you've lost the argument.
c3rbera wrote:All their products run fast and can run substandard hardware because they're dumbed down. That and Apple are tools. Their factory has had a heap of suicides and the company refuses to pay the American government tax. :roll:
*facepalm* it's these types of comments that makes me embarrassed to own an Android device :P