Im over the sniping

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Middle console

Post by dstocks »

Shhtuart wrote:You can get the stereo surround through amayama for $117.

With postage you're looking at $140.

I think either you're making a tidy profit dwayne or your japan contact is making one.
Stuart, nice to see that after all the years I have supported the club with parts and my time that I get a comment like that from you. Ive noticed a few comments like this one starting to appear over the last month or so and ive had enough, so here is my rant.

As it happens, I am pretty much at the point where I cant keep the supplier I have been using. I have stuck with him out of a sense of loyalty as he's been good to the club over the years, but im at the point where that just doesnt float anymore. On top of the part price I have to pay 10% for the middle man that introduced me to my contact in Japan, $30 per box for my contact, and 3.9% paypal fees. Exchange rate also comes into play. The little bit I have added to that doesnt even cover the time it takes for me to manage the numbers. Oh,and Sometimes I cant even sell the parts I have bought for the price I have paid. This doesnt even take into account the $2000+ that is still owed me by past club members/buyers that ive sent parts to that havent and will never pay. Oh and that little bit I have made in the past has been fed back in to the club to get things like kits made and copied. As an example, that front bar that everyone has on their car cost me $2000 to make. The fenders cost $1000. Oh and did I say im trying to save the $2200 up to buy the moulds off the fibreglasser because he is going to call it a day soon. I dont need them,but thought it would be good to keep them in the club. If you think you can do it better, feel free to take over. Ill give you every contact I have.

The fact is, I dont do the parts thing to make money, I do it because up until now people have appreciated the effort and it helps keep the club going. I keep doing it, not because I want to, but because I would be letting people down if I stopped. So, if you want me to bow out, just say the word...
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    vipfto
    Forum Moderator

Re: Im over the sniping

Post by vipfto »

^ WELL SAID Dwayne

I know he has helped me and plenty others numerous times, unfortunately it must be a gen y thing. Regardless I will always continue to support the local guy or the one that helps the most over loyalty even if price is touch more expensive
    FTO GR-TURBO
    172KW ATW @ 11PSI
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Argggg. Drives me nuts. Just like a bunch of bitchy school girls. Happy to comment, not prepared to help or contribute and really dont know any of the facts.

I should offer the olive branch now.

For those of you that wish to offer something positive and constructive to try and make what ive been doing more efficient/transparent, please let me know. I am happy to take constructive criticism as well. If I dont get any comments, I will assume that in general people are happy enough with the status quo.

This is your opportunity to have your say. If you choose not to, keep your comments to yourself in future.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      ZFL45H1
      Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

no way keep doing what your doing this service is a great asset to the club. I have been helped many times by you and appreciated it massively, like sure sometimes people find cheaper deals but how long will they last and if they stop and we don't have your service we are all screwed. 8O I didn't know the body kit was that much holy sh*t I kinda feel bad we pay not even half that for us.
      Again just my two cents but id love to see this service continue so parts are not easy to come across :D
      Technikhaus
      Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

We all appreciate what you do for us Dwaine!
      There may be the odd person who likes to rip people off (ala those owing that 2K...)
      But the rest of us would be lost without you doing what you do!
      Man '96 FTO GPX
      Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
      Man '90 MR2 GT
      Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
      Astron_Boy
      Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

I'd personally pay a bit more for your service Dwayne than trying to save the odd dollar.

If people want to be penny pinchers, then fine, go somewhere else and buy.

I'm not saying this is at all the case, but who cares if Dwayne was making a small profit.... In the end he is supporting the club and doing a service to many enthusiasts the world over.

He takes the time to follow up, make sure parts arrive and are sent out in such a way to not be broken in transit.
      If the wrong part is supplied, or something goes awry, he goes out of his way to ensure that what was asked for is delivered.

I wish I could be so humble and giving as Dwayne is.

Dwayne, you do what you need to do. You are well appreciated by a great many, and I definitely know how it feels to put in a tonne of hard work in to something; and have the odd prat take the piss out and make it seem like a frugal effort.

I, and many others truly appreciate what you do for all of us.
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Good on ya Dwayne ...!!!

What a crock of sh*t this is ... Sure, you can probably get things a little cheaper from time to time based on a company that has put in a bulk order... But I would rather support the club (as long as the price is reasonable) and get parts locally with less risk of damage ...

And the service Dwayne provides hence the screws on the other thread ... So try and get that service elsewhere without a fee...

And if there is a dispute, Dwayne is always around to help... Go to a company, get bugger all after sales support, and any refunds etc. will be handled as a second priority ... Dwayne is legit, and honest .. So wins my business all the time...

Even look at what he does to his own car to learn/practice, so he can then offer things to and for the club... Does amayama do that?
      I just had to add it ......
      sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
      :utbnb:
      shadowarrior
      Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Dwayne, when I was first thinking of buying a fto, if I didn't come across you (a good reliable source for parts and advice I need) I wouldn't have bought a fto in the first place. Highly appreciate your commitment to this small community of car lovers :)
      yotka
      Mechanic

Post by yotka »

Astron_Boy wrote:I'd personally pay a bit more for your service Dwayne than trying to save the odd dollar.

If people want to be penny pinchers, then fine, go somewhere else and buy.

I'm not saying this is at all the case, but who cares if Dwayne was making a small profit.... In the end he is supporting the club and doing a service to many enthusiasts the world over.

He takes the time to follow up, make sure parts arrive and are sent out in such a way to not be broken in transit.
      If the wrong part is supplied, or something goes awry, he goes out of his way to ensure that what was asked for is delivered.

I wish I could be so humble and giving as Dwayne is.

Dwayne, you do what you need to do. You are well appreciated by a great many, and I definitely know how it feels to put in a tonne of hard work in to something; and have the odd prat take the piss out and make it seem like a frugal effort.

I, and many others truly appreciate what you do for all of us.
      +1
      BorepYano
      Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Dwayne, of course we appreciate you. Hopefully Stuart's post just came across the wrong way. (that's the thing about text I guess.) Just my 2 cents. And even if he was being cheeky in his post, stuff it; we really all do appreciate what you do for us.

And just a couple of other things to add to the Dwayne is f**king awesome camp:

- I price checked a couple of parts with Dwayne, when I had no idea how much I should sell something for. Was honest about it (i.e. "Hi Dwayne, I'm doing some shameless price checking, how much should I sell xyz for"), no business would bother replying to that.

- Output sensor/input sensor, don't know which one is fucked? Charges for one and sends both, "just send the other one back" (no deposit held or anything). Actually... to be completely honest here Dwayne, I was pretty tempted to send the unused one and my broken one back just to troll you. :troll: But figured that'll be a prick thing to do lol.

Not to mention the bonfires; the research, testing and everything else Dwayne's done. Honestly I don't even bother price checking elsewhere when I get parts from Dwayne (only did once, because I needed the part urgently and someone had it locally). Even if the price is a little cheaper else where, as everyone has said, after sales from Dwayne wins every time. (remember this is coming from me, I'm a tight ass)
      kiz wrote:
      silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
      There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

+1 To all of the above. Dwayne is a great guy and one of if not the the major contributor to the club.

He brings all the members together once a year at the Bonfire and is one of the nicest guys I know.
      Bennoz wrote:
      Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
      A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

May I say that's a hypocritical comment shhtuart. As if you didn't profit off all the parts you sell. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't call the kettle black.

I would list everything that dstocks has done for me in the past 2 years but don't have the time to type it all out on my phone because the list is simply too long. And that's only the things he has done for me, let alone other people in the club too.
      I fix cars.
      Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
      bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

I really appreciate the comments everyone, but praise was not was I was aiming at here. I really just wanted to try and get the message across to those few that dont seem to understand that it takes a lot of effort and no small amount if investment to magically make things happen. I do that willingly, but to do that and then cop that sort of comment sort of leaves a sour taste. To be fair, its taken a number of these comments to get me to this point,so Stuart, if you are reading this, to be fair, it isnt all about you (I think this is the first one youve made). You just happened to tip it over the edge.
        Shhtuart
        Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

Oh wow :(

Dwayne, as you know you've helped me out too when I've been stuck in a hole with my FTO and for that I am very thankful.

It was 2:30am when I wrote it so I apologise if it came across as blunt. My point was that you go through so much effort to distribute these for $175+ postage and $140+ postage that it would be less on yourself and your contact to let people get them through amayama for $140 and $100 delivered, especially if you arent making any profit as you say.

So again, that wasn't a personal attack on you. Please accept my apology.
        BorepYano
        Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

dstocks wrote:....praise was not was I was aiming at here....
        well too f**king bad mate. We are praising you, deal with it. :lol:
        Shhtuart wrote:It was 2:30am when I wrote it so I apologise if it came across as blunt. My point was that you go through so much effort to distribute these for $175+ postage and $140+ postage that it would be less on yourself and your contact to let people get them through amayama for $140 and $100 delivered, especially if you arent making any profit as you say.
        As I said before, the thing about text. :\

Dwayne, I know this is easier said than done, but for any of the other people that might've said something similar (and if they actually meant it as a dig at you); f**k them! We appreciate you. (there're always going to be bad apples, aka idiots)

and we can always kneecap the ppl that owe you money? :D

Group hugs all round? :geny: :geny: <- bwhahaha, on a side note, well played Ben, well played. (the :: code for the spaz smilie is "geny" lol)
        kiz wrote:
        silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
        There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Thats OK Stuart, as I said, it wasnt specifically aimed at your comment, there have been a few lately and you just happened to hit a nerve that was already exposed. I agree with what you are saying about Amayama, except for one thing. Not everyone likes to or is prepared to buy from overseas. I guess its a trust thing. And others dont want to wait the couple of weeks for delivery. As I said previously, im at a point where its pointless continuing to use my existing supplier. Ill probably just swap to Amayama myself and supply those people I have mentioned above that dont wish to go direct for whatever reason. Will it cost a little more than going direct.....yep, it will as there will be a postage double up because it wont go direct and I have to add a little to cover risk of breakage.
          Astron_Boy
          Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

The better fact being that places like Amayama or even some local establishments will take forever and a day to send goods.

I suppose it's the Gen Y factor showing, that I want my product meow.
          I know Dwayne pretty much does make magic happen.

You typically have stock on hand ready to send, and it's seldom that we can trawl eBay or the likes and have it sent the next day.

In the end, you will get praise as you do a terrific job.

Anyone giving you slack will cop it ten-fold, and this thread certainly shows it.

We don't expect anything of you, but appreciate what you bring in a BIG way.
          aza013
          NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Well I would rather give mr Stocks the $1-$2 that he gets off each item he gets for use all than $20+ to any other person.
          He puts a lot of time into getting things for use and putting on events every year ( bonfire weekend and so on ) .
          All done most times at a loss to him.
          You will always get my orders for parts even if its a little more than any other supplier, because I know the parts are genuine parts not cheap sh*t.
          vanadinite
          Veteran Mechanic

Post by vanadinite »

You'll always have my full support Dwayne and my orders ;). I don't where I'd be without your help, it's been invaluable.
          okamitengu
          Grease Monkey

Post by okamitengu »

hooked me up with a desperately needed sway bar in a time of need.
          answers stupid questions without hesitation.

you have a right to be pissed off if people made you feel undervalued (:
          but let me add my hand to those who are showing support.

(: thanks for putting up with us!