Fans go whoosh

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fraz91
Hair-do
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fans go whoosh

Post by fraz91 »

So I need to replace the factory viscous fan on the Jeep as it's about as useful as a lesbian with a condom. I have a pair of standard fto radiator fans at home that I was thinking of wiring up, but just wanted to see if anyone knew the CFM output of the standard fans?

If this works, I'll finally have something from an fto in one of my cars. :D
I'll have an FTO one day... i swear!

until then:
1. 2001 Merc-Benz A160 (porta-loo on wheels)
2. 2007 Peugeot 307 TDi (more fun than you'd expect)
3. [url=ttp://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25373]2009 Mitsubishi Triton Di-D (a monster in its own right)[/url]
4. 1992 Nissan NX Coupe (club car and project car)
5. 1996 Holden SB Barina - "The Nugget"
6. 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport - The Budget Build
7. 2010 Toyota Landcruiser 76 Series - V8 Goodness... - Build coming soon.
8. 1990 Audi 90 manual - The delightfully dignified daily driver
Astron_Boy wrote:No correction needed Gen Y, you are correct.
Bennoz wrote:My rubbing happens on the inside.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Re: Fans go whoosh

Post by Astron_Boy »

Hmmm, unsure of the cfm.
Having said that, there was a thread a while ago on the Magna forums about craig davis fans vs oem, and the equivalent sizes.
In the end the oem output more, the craig davies was simply the slimline and lightweight factor.

So if you base the sizes from CDs, and add I think 15-25% more output, there's your rough answer.

Again, this is going back some time ago, around the time when I started my turbo conversion on the wagon. (2007?)
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: Fans go whoosh

Post by silverGPX »

Can't even compare OEM fto fans and Davies Craig. The only reason Davies Craig can't draw as much as air is because its not mounted to a shroud that's pulling the air from the entire radiator. However I think you can go very large in the Davies Craig, so id just go with that.