Need something, Put it in here.
Private Sales Only

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

95Xena
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

WTB Instrument Cluster

Post by 95Xena »

Wanting to buy a manual instrument cluster. Doesn't have to be good nick or anything.

As it's only to have in the house to test the custom dials I'm making I don't really want to pay a shitload for it :)
dstocks
National Vice President

Re: WTB Instrument Cluster

Post by dstocks »

In that case, it doesnt have to be a manual one either. The clusters are the same except tips have the light up numbers in the tacho. Ive got a couple of tip clusters if that helps.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

if I'm not treading on Dwayn's toes, and it doesnt need to work, you can have this one. i didn't take a photo of the other side, but it's all there and in decent condition. (arrg, only if you mentioned this a week earlier lol)
    Attachments
    20131210_174936.jpg
    kiz wrote:
    silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
    There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
    95Xena
    Grease Monkey

Post by 95Xena »

I'll take that off your hands Yang. And yes, knowing last week would have been good. Actually, having that clock and volt meter has been really handy ... was throwing different dials in them last night :D

If I do continue with making these custom dials (which is going rather well), I'll need to be able to make ones for auto's as well, so I think I should get one off you as well Dwayne.

How much guys?
    silverGPX
    9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Yang that cluster looks fucked.
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

silverGPX wrote:Yang that cluster looks fucked.
    it is. lol
    95Xena wrote:I'll take that off your hands Yang
    it is auto, and as Dwayne said, the only difference is that the auto ones also have the gears displayed on the dial". i.e. you'd only need an auto one to test both the manual and auto. Altough, do remember there is also a 5 speed auto.

if you want it, pay for postage, and buy me a beer next time I see you. The electronics are completely coroded, and the only reason I haven't chucked it, is because my bin was too full.
    kiz wrote:
    silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
    There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
    Sahin
    HULK

Post by Sahin »

I got a 4spd auto and 5spd auto as well for sale lol
    95Xena
    Grease Monkey

Post by 95Xena »

BorepYano wrote: if you want it, pay for postage, and buy me a beer next time I see you.
    Sounds good to me :D
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

What happened last week? :/
    95Xena
    Grease Monkey

Post by 95Xena »

shadowarrior wrote:What happened last week? :/
    Wouldn't you like to know :twisted:

Nothing ... Yang just sent me a bunch of FTO stuff
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Of course, am the curious kind :P
    Ah sent parts, okay :)
    raycindy

Post by raycindy »

hi all raymond here from nz . decided to do up my wifes 1998 fto we got we got in about 2007 .but needed a new speedometer because couldnt read the mileage ,black marking on rectangular screen .i got one pretty easy through" beforward "awesome service same model number etc.the problem is ..when i took old one out there was a wire attachecd to one of the terminals on the back which came out of hole in behind speedo and i never took a photo.now i dont know which one .its one out of fourbehind the speedo dial on the back of cluster.markings are batt sp + - anybody know what that wire is for or what terminal it goes on.dont want to blame wife but she wanted to take apart and clean it didnt take a photo when i told her .took 4 screws out and that was that. also ruined cluster.
    the next question is how do you adjust mileage reading of new cluster to the last known reading of old cluster .any help appreciated.thanks Raymond
    raycindy

Post by raycindy »

dont see any replies maybe query listed in wrong place.anyway installed new speedometer instrument cluster and all works fine thanks beforward so lucky to get exact model speedometer.rev counter sticks a little bit otherwise fine.rev c starts working normal after initial movement.about wire that was attached to either batt sp + or _neg on back of cluster;left it disconnected .didnt want to try it on anything incase it fused something badly.speedo cluster works fine with wire disconnected and taped up.the new odometer reading is 94000km instead of approx 160000km of old one.rang nz transport and they sorted it for me so all good to get wof .
    raycindy

Post by raycindy »

hello people if any fto people out there.replaced speedometer previous posting.speedometer working great BUT BUT the same thing has happened black mark is slowly covering mileage counter numbers making counter unreadable.i can only think of water getting into speedometer and causing problem but not sure .HAS anyone else had this problem of a black mark sowly covering mileage lcd display.i am looking for water leaking into speedometer. will let u know
    spetz
    Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

You may be able to get the odometer LCD from another Mitsubishi of the era and just plug it in?
    The Mirage/Lancer ones look the same and are available in abundance