Heating Core

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Greentea
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Heating Core

Post by Greentea »

How much does a heating core cost to replace guys?

My friend has a 1994 GPX. 140,000km's on it...only problem is his heating core is broken. Not sure if I should buy his car. He worked as a mechanic for toyota....and he doesn't even know how the hell he's gonna fix it so I'm not too hopeful.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Heating Core

Post by PHIL069 »

Take a look at the pics about half way down, will give you some idea.
Some guys do it differently, but thats how I did it.
http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=80
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Greentea
Grease Monkey

Post by Greentea »

How much does that cost? He only wants $1000 for the whole car :L
Greentea
Grease Monkey

Post by Greentea »

If it doesn't cost much, I might consider buying his FTO then just having that fixed up.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I don't know, I got the replacement core from another FTO member for free and did the job myself.

So free :P
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

2nd hand heater core: $70. The hard thing is getting it replaced. I recommend dash out.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

It is a pain in the ass job. Not for the difficulty but for the patience required. Can be done as Diy easy though. If the rest of the car is good, engine, gearbox, rust etc then 1000 is a good price.
    Greentea
    Grease Monkey

Post by Greentea »

I had a look at the car. It's ruined....literally.

If anyone wants it, he's selling the whole car for $1000.

Has body damage, needs a new centre console and head gasket...and needs to be put back together. He removed the heater core...then gave up with the car.