Cruise to Bonfire 2014

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Cruise to Bonfire 2014

Post by PHIL069 »

When we are on a club cruise we always drive at the speed limit of the P and/or L platers.
Just sometimes a set of twisties gets the better of us, but we always wait at the other end of the twisties for others to catch up.

BTW...I need to know what time and day you guys intend on leaving and getting back to SA, I only have Fri/Mon off.
I finish work @ 4:30pm on Thurs, so I wouldn't be able to get to Adelaide until about 7:30-8:30pm.
I need to decide whether I can cruise or fly.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Well if you get to Adelaide on Thursday night you can crash at mine (then you'd also meet Jai if you haven't done so already) then we can leave early morning Friday once we're ready to go (6:30am?) then aim to get back lunchtime Monday?
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Is the plan to get to Melbourne Friday night then early start Saturday for a 8 hour drive to Batemans Bay?
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Nup Phil, he mentioned Friday Morning in the post:
Well if you get to Adelaide on Thursday night you can crash at mine (then you'd also meet Jai if you haven't done so already) then we can leave early morning Friday once we're ready to go (6:30am?)
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    kiz
    SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea that sounds about right, depends if we meet up with the vic lads in Melbourne?

And Friday morning start Dwayne
    There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Derr, I meant to say Melbourne Saturday night :oops:

Edit: you're confusing me now Dwayne, I was right in my original post :(
    Last edited by PHIL069 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

The only reason I'm nutting this out so much is that Sue is pushing for me to fly over as she feels that the drive will be too long in the time allowed and I will be too tired to enjoy myself.
    kiz
    SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea I can understand that point of view. I guess driving is the experience but yea will be tiring. At the moment depends if it's on the 5th or 6th because that changed when we leave here and leave there and if we meet up with VIC lads on the way or go straight there

Sahin
    HULK

Post by Sahin »

Us queenslanders drive the 14 hour hike there every year and it's not that bad, I always enjoy the bonfire no matter how tiring the drive is
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Sahin wrote:Us queenslanders drive the 14 hour hike there every year and it's not that bad, I always enjoy the bonfire no matter how tiring the drive is
    Last year you were falling asleep beside the fire :roll:
    Vectose
    Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

He was asleep most of the way on the drive down to the bonfire on my passenger seat. :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:
    Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
    A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

PHIL069 wrote:
    Sahin wrote:Us queenslanders drive the 14 hour hike there every year and it's not that bad, I always enjoy the bonfire no matter how tiring the drive is
    Last year you were falling asleep beside the fire :roll:
    Nothing wrong with that! :lol:
    Sahin
    HULK

Post by Sahin »

Yeah I did sleep quite a bit though lol
    ObsidianRadio
    Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

I'll go if I can ride shotgun with somebody...
    Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
    http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
    PHIL069
    Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

ObsidianRadio wrote:I'll go if I can ride shotgun with somebody...
    You could swap between cars on the way if you wanted + if I decide to drive you can ride shotgun with me, but then you wouldn't want to swap cars after cruising in mine.
    kiz
    SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

PHIL069 wrote:
    ObsidianRadio wrote:I'll go if I can ride shotgun with somebody...
    You could swap between cars on the way if you wanted + if I decide to drive you can ride shotgun with me, but then you wouldn't want to swap cars after cruising in mine.
    I could always ask to borrow Tim's turbo setup, do the necessary modifications and then tune before the cruise :lol:

Actually in this time if I had the money I could actually complete most of my own project without putting it on

tarkus
    Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

just so you know! we Melbonites will leave on Friday morning then stay overnight at Narooma, leaves 1 1/2 hour to Batemans Saturday morning. meet up with the Sydney guys at Maccas.

then we set of back after lunch Sunday, overnight when we feel like it. then an easy drive back home.

if any of you guys need to crash room at mine. VIPFTO did that a few years ago.

robert
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
    vipfto
    Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Yeah was agreat trip too apart from the poor bugger who died on his bike
    FTO GR-TURBO
    172KW ATW @ 11PSI
    tarkus
    Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

vipfto wrote:Yeah was a great trip too apart from the poor bugger who died on his bike
    thanks for reminding me! I had tried to bury that thought as far away as possible.
    then in the Maccas at Batemans some bitch was showing the photos to her kids.

and its a great drive. you are welcome to stay again.

robert
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
    ObsidianRadio
    Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

The only reason I wanna ride shotgun is because my car won't make it past Murray Bridge :lol:
    Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
    http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU