Private Sales Only

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sheppo
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: WTB FTO in QLD

Post by Sheppo »

rock_it wrote:
Sahin wrote:They are the non Mivec but good luck finding a Mivec manual under 4k that isn't a lemon and will involve thousands and thousands of dollars to get it to a reliable and good condition
Depends on what you call good condition.. Dwayne has let some steals go for that price. Granted most of them have been manual, but they do exist... May just be a good solid engine with a body that needs a little TLC... But to be expected of cars of this age...

Step it up to 6k, and you get much better examples of a manual GPX ... So not too far of a stretch.. But just my $0.02...

I know when I was looking for mine (prices were a lot higher back then), but I had the choice to get similar conditions GR's or GPX's in Auto ... But I thought the extra 1-2k for a manual in GPX was really what I wanted, so didn't mind the additional cost... And haven't regretted since...
Yeah I'm thinking thats what I'll do. I should be able to have said 6k by mid year, and there should be a new crop of them around by then. :D
And that way when some sort of a steal does pop up ill be able to snatch it.
My VTEC YO!!!!! went bang....
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

I'll build you an fto for 6k
Sheppo
Apprentice

Post by Sheppo »

If i was desperate id buy an auto gpx or something and convert it.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Do not...convert....as much everyone will say its easy peasy. It is a pain in the ass job. Rather spend the extra money to get a Manual.

There are plenty, you have to be patient. I paid close to your budget for a very good condition, low kms black GPX with facelift conversion.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Im still considering selling the lorax as it isnt really being used enough to warrant continued rego costs etc. Not QLD, but you could potentially pick up at the bonfire in April if you were interested and that way could meet everyone at the same time. would be looking at 4.5K. This is it:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28095&hilit=lorax&start=20

Got stockies on it atm, but the rims in the pictures are in the shed with plenty of rubber on them (18's are a little hard for the roads around me).
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Sheppo
    Apprentice

Post by Sheppo »

dstocks wrote:Im still considering selling the lorax as it isnt really being used enough to warrant continued rego costs etc. Not QLD, but you could potentially pick up at the bonfire in April if you were interested and that way could meet everyone at the same time. would be looking at 4.5K. This is it:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28095&hilit=lorax&start=20

Got stockies on it atm, but the rims in the pictures are in the shed with plenty of rubber on them (18's are a little hard for the roads around me).
    It really is bright 8)
    Sounds like a good option, and by then i could have plenty of cash. :D
    Meeting everyone also sounds good.
    shadowarrior wrote:Do not...convert....as much everyone will say its easy peasy. It is a pain in the ass job. Rather spend the extra money to get a Manual.

There are plenty, you have to be patient. I paid close to your budget for a very good condition, low kms black GPX with facelift conversion.
    Yeah, as I said, that would have to be last ditch. No way in hell would i do it if i could avoid it :lol:
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Sheppo wrote: It really is bright 8)
    That is a complete vinyl wrapped car. I love that colour, but that's personal opinion. If the colour bothers you, rip the vinyl off :)
    Forgot it's original colour since Lorax gives me the burnt orange picture in my mind always. :) Dwayne?
    Sheppo
    Apprentice

Post by Sheppo »

shadowarrior wrote:
    Sheppo wrote: It really is bright 8)
    That is a complete vinyl wrapped car. I love that colour, but that's personal opinion. If the colour bothers you, rip the vinyl off :)
    Forgot it's original colour since Lorax gives me the burnt orange picture in my mind always. :) Dwayne?
    Yeah i just had a gander at the thread. Its scrubbed up nicely :)
    I actually love burnt orange so if i ended up getting it there is a slim possibility that id rip it of :lol:
    fto-007
    Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

Hi are you still looking for a fto? i have a 96 Gpx for sale for $6500

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... 24&sdmvc=1