Review: Mt. Dandenong Charity Cruise

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DZYRME
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Review: Mt. Dandenong Charity Cruise

Post by DZYRME »

Well, what a great day it was for a cruise. Apart from the fact that Toni and I cruised the whole way to Mt. Dandy alone!. A cruise is not a cruise when there are only two cars cruising! Where were all the WestSiders? It was a dissapointing effort from the Westies!! :(

Great Job on the BBQ, Mikey. Hope you enjoy all the left over sausages for the next two or three weeks. Just make sure you buy enough bread to have it with!! :lol:

Pics from the cruise can be seen on my website:

www.dzyrme.com/fto.htm

And RIP to the Bird I ran over on the way home!!
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Well first of all I want to thank Brendan for ringing me as I would have been the only one at Fun city this morning.... so thanks Brendan ~

Secondly I want to thank Mikey for the BBQ I will be a little more prepared for the next one and make some salads and things...

And last but certainly not least ... I want to say how good it was to see everyone again and thank you all for the well wishes and concern it helps to know that people are thinking about you and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

It was a really good day to be out with you all again .. Trish was nice meeting you and now I will have to make an extra effort to cruise to Sydney and meet the rest of your crew!

Well thats all from me and have a great Weekend :)
Toni xx
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I thought the original plan was for those in the west to meet up at their meeting point and then drive to the eastern meeting point where the rest of us would be waiting and then for all of us to cruise together to the event.

This would have made for a bigger and better cruise. Perhaps we can do this next time.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

To those who missed out on the cruise u guys also missed out on me and Ruchi going LIVE head to head!! with commercial breaks and all! :lol: :lol:

Great turnout from the East , disappointing turnout from the West and i know for a fact from workin in the western suburbs that there are heaps of FTOs there. Hopefully better turnout next time :)

Great effort from Mikey for organising BBQ. Even thought we didnt have any oil to cook the meat and any bread to eat :P it with the day was throughly enjoyable with sunny and warm weather.

Hope to see everyone at the next cruise!! 8)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

first of all i cannot take all the credit... big ups to Eric (and whoever else I may have missed out) for helping out with the food. i owe you one champ! ;)

apart from that, a big thanks to everyone who attended and donated big on the day. we have raised over $105 in donations just last weekend alone, so give yourselves a big pat on the back for contributing to such a great cause. *insert applause here* :D

it was great to catch up with you all again. it was a fantastic day for a drive and a bite. there is plenty more to come so keep an eye out!

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. if you have any feedback, please feel free to discuss.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Surely there were more photographs taken than those Bendan took... i want to see what I missed damnit! :D
LED ALL the things.
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

I was at sunshine fun city go-kart place at 10am... but I didn't see one fto... and, i didn't even bother to get the address for the other place... so i waited a bit.. and no one came, and decided to leave...

I was really hopping to come....
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Guni_GuGu wrote:I was at sunshine fun city go-kart place at 10am... but I didn't see one fto... and, i didn't even bother to get the address for the other place... so i waited a bit.. and no one came, and decided to leave...

I was really hopping to come....
I was parked at the entrance of Fun City GoKarts from 9.45am. I waited there till 10.45am and left with Toni (SXCFTO)
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

U western suburb peeps need a good lesson in ORGANISATION :lol:
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

What we need is more people from the North and West to get off there lazy arses!! :twisted: :twisted:
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

DZYRME wrote:What we need is more people from the North and West to get off there lazy arses!! :twisted: :twisted:
I heard there were 9 ppl in total... We could almost beat that in ACT if we really tried.... gosh.... just kidding... :lol:

I guess it was a bad timing for the other members... 8O

Anyways, sounded like you guys had heaps of fun, and the pics look good! Only wish I was there...
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

In actual fact, we had more than 9. Let's recap:

Peter (Scracy)
Eric (MADFTO)
Brendan (DZYRME)
Joel (Black_FTOGPX)
Kirby (thecook)
Adrian (ICE_FTO)
Shannon (Jester)
Myself (GPXXX)
Milad (FTOLuv)
Toni (SXCFTO)
Robert (Tarkus)
Andrew (Ruchi)

...oh and if you really have to, Andie (in his cousin's horny Evo-8) :P

so at the end of the day we had about 12-13 cars all up. but yes, we were rather 'disappointed' by the westie's turn-out.... You know you can do better than that! :P:twisted:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I made it to Pancake Parlour, sans FTO :cry: can I be on that list Mikey, I feel so alone without my car :(
LED ALL the things.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

only 2 cars from west. i reckon if there was a have decent turn out from the west than we could have gotten 20 cars.
The weather was the real suprise of the day. Warm and sunny 8)
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Well Technically Im from the North. So only one came from the North and one came from the West.. :(
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Well there u go... even more incentive more the western suburb peeps to come along and show us eastern suburbs peeps their rides. :)
tarkus
Mechanic

video of cruise

Post by tarkus »

if anyone is interested I have a short bit of video from the Dandy cruise. It is about 4mb,if you want a copy, email me at "robertl@rock.com" and I will send a copy. it runs for 45 seconds or so.
CY@ the next 1
Robert (tarkus)
andie066
Apprentice

Post by andie066 »

yeah sorry guys for lashing out early again... and yeah... i soo wanted to drive my car there.. but its making weird sounds so i came in evo insted... anyways had a great time to see all these ftos together again.. but next time ill b driving for sure hehehe
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Maybe there is a reason why so many westerners choose not to cruise.... is it likely that most of the events have been based around the eastern side of town?????
I know I don't mind the travelling but others may not like to travel to the eastide for all the cruises ...
Maybe we should look at sharing the locations on cruises and choosing some cruise destinations on this side of town .. just a suggestion:)
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

Lol! We got a full eastside vs westside war going on here!

WestSide is the best!! You eastsides suck! We got it going on, down here in the WestSIDE!!!!! Aight? Peace bitches! 8)