General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SchumieFan
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FINAL Bonfire information 2014

Post by SchumieFan »

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one to let everyone know where everyone is/will be and a few rules so listen up!

NSW/QLD contingent will be leaving from Daniels place at 8am, we should get to heathcote maccas somewhere between 8:30 and 9 depending on traffic.
- There we will meet Aza and AJ and continue on to nowra. (I will ring Aza/aj to confirm ETA)
- should get to south nowra maccas at around 10/10:30 where we will meet corey. (i will ring corey when inbound to confirm ETA)
- from there straight to batemans bay maccas with an arrival time between 11:30 and 12pm (i will ring Tarkus to confirm ETA)

- There we will meet the S.A/VIC crew, have a quick catch up and head to the shopping centre to pick up last minute supplies..... so... booze!
We should arrive at Dwaynes between 12:30 and 1pm

So time for the serious matters...

There are some very minor but very important rules everyone MUST abide by, for the respect of the club, its members and especially Dwayne, who opens his home every year to us lot!

- There is a $10 cover charge on meat and bread which will be collected by myself - no excuses, make sure you have cash!
- There is to be no racing/speeding/dangerous driving by anyone while in convoy. NSW/QLD will sign a disclaimer upon arrival at heathcote maccas. If you are pulled over, the convoy will stop at the next available stopping area, not immediately in front of you or the police.
- Please be aware you may be in convoy with L or P platers and their speed limits MUST be respected
- BRING A UHF RADIO - cannot stress how important this is, it just makes life a lot easier
- If you need to stop for any reason, beep your horn, flash your lights and the convoy will pull over where safe.
- Dwaynes dirt driveway, despite his amazingly best efforts is still a dirt road, spread yourselves out to avoid stone chips, beware of loose gravel and corrugations at corners, drive safely and SLOWLY
- Respect Dwaynes property, do not destroy anything for whatever excuse
- **********NO BOTTLES TO BE THROWN IN THE BONFIRE!************ - bins will be provided
- Upon arrival, once you start drinking, the cars DO NOT MOVE - we dont want to get to the point where we have to collect keys

Most of this is common sense, but you cant say you havnt been warned!

Last but not least, We are all coming together to have a stupidly awesome time, chat about our cars and make fun of lawso... so lets make sure everyone has a great time yeah?! its a free land at dwaynes... you will get the piss taken out of you - try not to go too far once the beer starts flowwing and everyone will have a great time.

This year is set to be -one of if not- The biggest Bonfire yet so get involved, make some noise and join in...

if i have missed anyone or anything please feel free to PM me your contact details and meet point or reply in this thread...

i know its a long shot but guys.... PLEASE do not pollute this thread with spam... we need a central point for info.

and a BIG THANK YOU again to Dwayne for opening his home once more.
This club would not be the same without your efforts. :thumright:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: FINAL Bonfire information 2014

Post by Daniel2019 »

+1 to all of that.

And again as said, people will be hitting the cans.. so don't take offence to anything said or done. Shenanigans will be had.

If anybody needs my address for 8am arrival then PM me!

My number is 0423707472 so if you are running late or unsure of where I live, TEXT ME! :D

Also the other thing especially for P platers such as myself - I suggest leaving in the afternoon group on the Sunday if you have been drinking just to be safe.

Remember we are in a convoy of loud, colorful tuner cars so we stick out. Chances of being noticed by the po-po and public are very high. Remember you are representing the club.

If you get pinged for anything illegal on your car (not that anyone should have anything like that, lol) cop it on the chin and be polite and respectful. It will always end better that way, trust me.

Have a good weekend, have several too many beers and point out how much better your FTO is than everyone elses!

:cheers:

(FYI I will be bringing some extra beer and beer)
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

And have fun!!. See you all soon
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

You forgot the President's lazy convoy :lol:

Anyone who can't manage an 8am east side start (or just can't be arsed getting up that early) I'll be at the Pheasants Nest servo at 10am. I'll wait around for a little while before heading off.

Pheasants Nest servo is just off the Hume Hwy, south of Campbelltown. It's easier to get to for Western Sydney folk.

Route I'll most likely take to Dwaynes is down the Hume, then cut in at Moss Vale & shoot round the back of it & down to Kangaroo Valley Way - which will spit us out at Nowra. Lots of hairpins & bending scenic winding roads.

Oh & btw Mike (or anyone running a convoy for that matter) club cruise documentation is here: http://www.ftoaustralia.com/downloads/F ... e_docs.zip

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=7 ... 1&t=m&z=10
    map.jpg
    map.jpg (104.91 KiB) Viewed 229 times
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Just had another thought. There have been a couple of cows on the lower half of the road. Not sure if they will be out tomorrow or not, but just take note that they might be. Dont want anyone to come round a corner and be facing one with not enough space to stop.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

That's no way to talk about your neighbours... :lol:
      I just had to add it ......
      sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
      :utbnb:
      Corey95
      Grease Monkey

Post by Corey95 »

SchumieFan wrote: - Please be aware you may be in convoy with L or P platers and their speed limits MUST be respected
      Damn red p plate laws :( wish I had my greens, would make the trip faster
      SchumieFan wrote: - BRING A UHF RADIO - cannot stress how important this is, it just makes life a lot easier
      Got twin pack today :D only 3km range though