cruise north - old highway wollombi

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by G_A_V »

cool this event will give me an excuse to wash my car !! i havent had time to do so lately hehehe
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

where are our lazy members?????

G1
philo boy
foulz
jonowong
airbornespanner
kat

and new cruisers ;) .... come along its a great drive and well worth the effort of getting up so early on a sunday
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

ahhhhh why does every cruise have to be on a day which i cant go!!!!
stupid police acadamy!! :evil: :evil:
Going sideways at 140km/h isnt as fun as it sounds!
www.actionpaintball.com.au
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Bluntman wrote:ahhhhh why does every cruise have to be on a day which i cant go!!!!
stupid police acadamy!! :evil: :evil:

ahhh that sucks...

well you should plan ahead and tell the coppers your busy on the days we have cruises ;)
LORIDN

Post by LORIDN »

smorison wrote:
.........and new cruisers ;) .... come along its a great drive and well worth the effort of getting up so early on a sunday
I guess I better explain the whole situation with the new cruisers who wanted to come along. It was actually myself who notified BlueMetal about this cruise to Wollombi, which we thought was a good idea to come along, but the problem was that the people who had already confirmed to go on the initial cruise we had organised (Kangaroo Valley), the majority of them were from Canberra and so they didn't like the idea of heading that far north, so since majority rules, we have to decline your invitation to join you, as much as I really want to come, but keeping the original plan was the only way to keep most people happy. So I would like to say that I'm sorry for the confusion which could easily been avoided with better communication on my part.

The situation now though is that since BlueMetal has experienced some unforseen circumstances, it looks like the cruise he was organising may not happen at all, and so if this is the case, I would really like to come along, as I am the one who is really interested in the 6A12 conversion afterall, but I'll have to get back to you to confirm this. If I can't make it, I hope everyone has a good time and I hope to meet everyone at the next meeting.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

no worries...

we're currently working on something around MLGA anyways for future events... your more than welcome to come and any refugee's from the MLGA cruise are welcome to come....
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

cool this event will give me an excuse to wash my car !! i havent had time to do so lately hehehe
Given what happened on the Lithgow cruise, if my car is not immaculate and shiny, I will not be showing up! Being silver it is not so bad, but some nasty people think it is funny to write things on other peoples cars... :lol:

Not that I would take part in this. Very immature if you ask me :D
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

immature... never ;)

so come on guys who's coming?
Redboost
Apprentice

Post by Redboost »

I will be heading up north via Old Pacific that Sunday but 8.30 meetup is waaaay too early for me and the missus......
"If you aren't remembered, then you never really existed"
YLD-FTO
Apprentice

Post by YLD-FTO »

ok got the day off work :wink: and will be able to attened my FIRST cruise with you folks :D

......BUT do i really have to wash my car?? :roll: :mrgreen:
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:lol: nup - you don't need to wash my car.... the whole thing stems from my car....

brief history - NORMALLY i wash my car all the time and turn up to cruises with it all immaculate and shiny..... but this time I had been rather busy and the car was.... well...... (supposed to be black) - but very very grey looking :P

so the boys (Steve/ Shaun & AJ) gave it some "colour" by writing
NOS
NISMO
TRD
4WD
TURBO
in all the deep dust on the side :P

Cheers Tanya
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

You are not going to believe this....but we will not be able to go! You can blame Kel's soccer team - if they had won their last game then they would have been minor premiers, and therefore if they won this weekend they would have had next weekend off (day of the cruise). However, they didn't, and so are now playing next Sunday @ 1.30pm to qualify for the GF.

If I don't go to the game, lets just say that would be bad. Although I was offered the chance (belatedly) to "go on the cruise if I want", that really just mean "make the right decision here, or your dead".

HOWEVER, they are acutally playing at Cessnock (about 20 minutes from where you are stopping for lunch). Will try and catch up with you at some point anyway. Would be really 8) for you all to just swing by the game - the locals certainly wont know whats going on! 8O What would your ETA be at Wollombi? Could meet you out there for lunch or something.

Can't believe it - pester you to come up this way and then this happens. Typical... :cry:

And to all those people who are wondering whether or not to go, come along! Great people and always a fun day. And the more the merrier (or something) :D .
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

mrx wrote: Would be really 8) for you all to just swing by the game - the locals certainly wont know whats going on! 8O What would your ETA be at Wollombi? Could meet you out there for lunch or something.
Message Rob or myself the details of where and we'll see if we can work out how to get there and what time... ;)
bozhu001
Apprentice

Post by bozhu001 »

I might come too, sunday is really the only time i can join cruises.

But i will have to check my scheds closer to the day
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

bozhu001 wrote:I might come too, sunday is really the only time i can join cruises.

But i will have to check my scheds closer to the day

its worth making the effort... its a great trip...

LOO00X (brendan) is coming along as well.. .he's just too lazy to post up ;)
bozhu001
Apprentice

Post by bozhu001 »

Count me in!

I confirmed my scheds with my missus, so she is ok with me sneaking up early in the morning to finally meet my FTO club mates **excited**

I even got a keen passenger to come along.
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

Not sure if I'll be going yet. Been asked to take someone's spot at a day of skirmish on sat, so I'll see how I cope after that.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

bozhu001 wrote:Count me in!

I confirmed my scheds with my missus, so she is ok with me sneaking up early in the morning to finally meet my FTO club mates **excited**

I even got a keen passenger to come along.
bring the missus if you like...

we have an offical FTO Wives club going ;)
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Hey Guys,
this weather is clearing in the next day or so... it is forcast to be dry from Friday onwards... Sunday should be a great day to go driving with nice clean roads :)

up to Date Rainfall imagery can be found here:
http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR04 ... html#image
IDN10064
METROPOLITAN FORECAST
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Issued at 8:30am on Wednesday the 18th of August 2004

For Wednesday
Rain periods, easing to showers later today or tonight. The chance
of a morning thunderstorm. Moderate to locally heavy falls near the
coast. Light to moderate east to southeast winds freshening near
the coast in the afternoon.

Precis Max

Sydney: Rain periods easing later. 15
Liverpool: Rain periods easing later. 16
Penrith: Rain periods easing later. 16
Richmond: Rain periods easing later. 16

UV Index: 3 [Moderate] reducing to 2 [Low] under cloud.

Further Outlook
Min: Max:

Thursday : Shower or two clearing. Light to moderate SW/SE winds.
Sydney: 9 18
Liverpool: 6 19
Penrith: 6 19
Richmond: 4 19

Friday : Dry. Mostly sunny. W/NW winds.
Sydney: 9 19
Liverpool: 3 20
Penrith: 5 20
Richmond: 2 20

Saturday : Dry. W/NW winds.
Sydney: 9 20
Liverpool: 4 21
Penrith: 5 21
Richmond: 2 21

Trend for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
Dry.

all data is from the Bureau of Meteorology (http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/nsw/forecasts.shtml)
tj2709
Grease Monkey

city...?

Post by tj2709 »

i wanna go too..but my license got supended... :( , any cruise in oct?? plus steve when we're gonna have cruise to city?? maybe we all can have a lunch in chinatown, its gonna be quiet a show too...hehehe :wink:

ps: after sept i'm comin..

TJ2709~evofto