Windscreen chip

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

elbanana
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Windscreen chip

Post by elbanana »

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any has any experience with those windscreen repair things? When I bought the car there were two large chips in the windscreen and someone told me I could buy the kit and try and repair it, they also said the chips may be to large with the cracks to be able to fix. Ive never seen them so I have no idea about them. The damage across both chips is around 2 cm and 1.5 height not including the cracks. I read some of the prices people on here were paying for windscreens and I dont think I can afford a new one at the moment, especially being out here. I added a pic so you can see the chips

Thanks
Attachments
windscreen.jpg
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Windscreen chip

Post by PHIL069 »

Go see O'Brien glass and get a quote for repair.

You might find that it can't be repaired legally as the chip is directly in front of the drivers position, but go see the experts first.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
elbanana

Re: Windscreen chip

Post by elbanana »

Thanks phil,

yeah I thought it may be a problem where it is, right in the drivers sight. I did read somewhere if there is damage in that zone it should only be a small chip or something? I will try and get a quote tomorrow. How much do you think a windscreen and fitted goes for these days? Im a bit worried when I read some older posts about windscreen costs. Im more used to more common cars and their costs, so sorry if i sound to much like a newb