General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

adzski
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

can't decide which route to go.

Post by adzski »

hey everyone,

calling out knowledge and experience from people that have done conversions.

I'm thinking of doing the 6a13tt conversion later this year and just doing it slowly as i don't need the car everyday and it can just sit in storage till its finished or just purchasing a already converted 6a13tt fto and just re kitting and respraying it.

main dilemma here is budget.
I've been reading the conversions on here for some time and most of what i have read people have majorly blown there budget, scaling upto 15-20k.

i am asking this because with the conversion if i were to do that i would be doing all the work myself, excluding fabbing up parts like manifolds.
i read that kermit done his conversion for around 3k but all the work was done by him self, and he already had the manifold, turbo and done all the wiring him self which would of saved bait of coin.

if i did the work my self am i having high hopes for around a total 6k finish cost?
as this is all i am willing to throw into the conversion if it is more i would much rather purchase a already converted one and just make it look how i want it to.

whats your opinion, and what would you do in this situation?

thanks in advance for any replys
Sahin
HULK

Re: can't decide which route to go.

Post by Sahin »

Just buy Kermit's car off gumtree lol it'll be easier and it'll save you the headache
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

yeh i seen that today hahah i was thinking whether i should just buy it
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Or sell the FTO ... Put that and your 15-20k together and buy a fast car out of the box....

One that is designed for the power, so you don't have all the headaches... Just my $0.02 from someone who has been there many-a-times...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb: