Smartest FTO in Vic, but what is smart?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

akumi
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Smartest FTO in Vic, but what is smart?

Post by akumi »

Hi guys, i felt interested in raising an interesting topic. I've been in cars for a long time and i think i'm getting old for this, so i'm pretty much tired with the ricey mods style, big exhaust, big mad mags, stickers n decals all over. heaps of meters. Not htat there's anything wrong with it, i really loved this sort of mods, i called these the street fighter styles.

But now i'm more interested in smarter look, yes that's my theme, SMART. looks like stock but actually modified. Something like the following:-

1. Little to no stickers
2. Not too exagerating bodykit
3. High tech interior
4. Exhaust but not too large

Now any more ideas?

What i'm trying to say is, would anyone modify a ferrari? you get what i mean hehehe.
EZCONSOLE & EZMODCHIPS - We repair, upgrade and buy off Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PS3. Pickup & delivery services available. Xbox, Wii and NDS repair and opening tools available. Reasonable offers for non-working xbox 360 and Wii. Contact me for all oth
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

now you will understand why I've been trying to sell my CF GT wing etc... ;)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Re: Smartest FTO in Vic, but what is smart?

Post by FTO338 »

akumi wrote:Hi guys, i felt interested in raising an interesting topic. I've been in cars for a long time and i think i'm getting old for this, so i'm pretty much tired with the ricey mods style, big exhaust, big mad mags, stickers n decals all over. heaps of meters. Not htat there's anything wrong with it, i really loved this sort of mods, i called these the street fighter styles.

But now i'm more interested in smarter look, yes that's my theme, SMART. looks like stock but actually modified. Something like the following:-

1. Little to no stickers
2. Not too exagerating bodykit
3. High tech interior
4. Exhaust but not too large

Now any more ideas?

What i'm trying to say is, would anyone modify a ferrari? you get what i mean hehehe.
Are you describing Scracy's FTO? :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

yes but a Ferrari and an FTO are 2 very different cars if we got the performance out of an FTO then we would not need to modify them?

Also some people enjoy making their car a little different with stickers and smaller less costly modifications.

At the end of the day Spending obscene amounts of money to make your car look standard doesn't really make much sense you want people to see that you have spent money on your car and enjoy it .. I would think that most of the people that drive FTO's get quality upgrades anyway.... It's when you see a Hyundia done up to the max you kinda question what they're doing ????

(no offense to Hyundai Drivers ) :wink:
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

One day Im going to get this Quote thing right !
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

Yeah true true, i mean i don't mind spending heaps of money on the engine, but just wanna make it looks nice, and yeah i haven't seen scracy's fto before. Here's a few pic

EZCONSOLE & EZMODCHIPS - We repair, upgrade and buy off Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PS3. Pickup & delivery services available. Xbox, Wii and NDS repair and opening tools available. Reasonable offers for non-working xbox 360 and Wii. Contact me for all oth
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well scracy's FTO would be one of the most photographed FTO i've seen, its been on online mag, Hot4, & Speed (soon)

I know he doesn't like people brag about his car, so i'm going to get into trouble.

His got a T28BB tubo setup with FMIC, oil cooler, transmission oil cooler.

I.C.E is top of the line pioneer head unit & infinity Kappa setup (spilt, 6x9s
& 2x Subby).

Recaro tomcat full bucket seats, Kansai/HKS front bumper, polished rims (not chrome), "Altezza" rear lights

Man is one horny ride 8O
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Hey akumi, I used to have the exact same rims on my FTO in Chrome, but I traded them in and got different 18" wheels instead. Nice looking ride!!
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

Hey thanks DZYRME, i saw your ride, my gosh it's fantastic!!! great work! i can see you've put a lot of effort in it. Would love to see the real thing since the pics look so gorgeous.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote:Well scracy's FTO would be one of the most photographed FTO i've seen, its been on online mag, Hot4, & Speed (soon)

I know he doesn't like people brag about his car, so i'm going to get into trouble ............... Man is one horny ride 8O
for those who don't know, Kev is easily aroused LoL... :P:lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

...and as for Mikey and carbon fibre! :roll: :P :lol: :D
MIVEC is My Friend :D
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Your too kind Kev :oops: hey akumi sweet looking ride man,come to one of our cruises.Oh and Kev youre not in trouble,we missed ya at the last meet hows the moving going?
Last edited by scracy on Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

Thanks scracy, i'll try to come, i can't wait to see your fto as well, heard a lot of about you in the forum hehehe anymore pics of your car on the net?
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

sh*t! how come my fto signature keeps coming up with <P> </P> tag!!! and my avatar never shows up! crap!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Hey Akumi, what's the story with your car? It's appears it was listed on CarSales about 6 weeks ago by one owner and about 2 weeks ago by you. Did you buy it and now trying to sell it again?

I've got to agree with Kev, I think Scracy's is the best "all rounder" in VIC and it's understated tones definitely makes it one of the "smartest". With all that turbo power, it's beautiful to drive and because it has little rice it is quite a sleeper.

This is my favourite pic of his car, it shows the polished rims and altezza's off nicely.

Also has a very nice front.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

Hahahah yes ruchi, u're right, initially i bought the car from my friend a bit cheap so that i can sell it, but now i fell in love with the car, i think i'll keep it for a while. But see what happens. You want it? hahaha
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

akumi wrote:Hahahah yes ruchi, u're right, initially i bought the car from my friend a bit cheap so that i can sell it, but now i fell in love with the car, i think i'll keep it for a while. But see what happens. You want it? hahaha
Hahahaha mate, u just broke the rules of selling, knowing that you pick up the car cheaper, its going to be hard to make a profit of it :wink:
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

hahaha yeah, but it's alright now that i don't plan to sell it. At least after 3 yrs maybe then i'll sell it. I've been buying cars cheap and selling it, but this fto is really special so just keep for myself.