Turbo FTO 176kW at the wheel!!

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Turbo FTO 176kW at the wheel!!

Post by Guni_GuGu »

http://www.carsales.com.au/please/carsales ... istance=50

WHAT THE HELL?#@!??

Is it just me, or, is that ONE REALLY REALLY fast FTO, at an insane price!@#? Seriously! 176kw at the wheel? Maybe horsepower?! But killowatts?!# Is it possible? What do you other turbo's put out?
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

176kw ATW is deffinately possible.

The wierd thing is, $17k for a turboed fto????

There's 2 solutions to this;

1. It's fake

2. Serious engine engine problems.

I wouldn't touch take car with a ten foot pole.

My 2 cents
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

LOL, it would still be probably cheaper to buy it and disassemble it for parts... and get a turbo with it :lol:
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

guys this fto was for sale on the forum before
he is selling because the engine has WAY too much kms
*and i think some probs too*
when i was buying an fto he told me he had ALL DYNO to prove it !
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

125,000kms is not a lot, engines these days can handle a LOT more than that without any issues.

If this car had a proper major service at 100,000kms then it should be running beautifully at 125,000kms.

This whole thing sounds a little sus.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

yeea i reckon too
but before he told me he was selling for 23k
but dat was like 6-7months ago
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

he was selling it for 18k about a year ago... check under cars for sale section...
i think he's moved overseas thats why he's selling the car....
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i guess we are talking about "al" FTO, i've send him a email a while back & ask if he still selling his FTO, but he never reply.

Here's the link for those can't be bother seach for it hehehehe :wink:

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.ph ... =turbo+fto
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

yeah i'd say that's Andre's car....

and those figures are accurate there's been a small fortune spent on it making sure the engine takes plenty of boost.
salacious
Grease Monkey

Post by salacious »

Wouldn't 176kW at the wheels equate to 7 maybe 8 psi of boost? Which isn't high by FTO standards. I know a few cars that are running 7psi and they are all using std internals
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

salacious wrote:Wouldn't 176kW at the wheels equate to 7 maybe 8 psi of boost? Which isn't high by FTO standards. I know a few cars that are running 7psi and they are all using std internals
I don't think you can measure kw at the wheels with amount of boost, cause it all depends on the setup.

eg: T28 & T28BB which was use on Aus spec S15 & Jap spec S15, even though they both running 7-8psi at stock, they both gave 2 different output at the wheel.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

FTO338 wrote: I don't think you can measure kw at the wheels with amount of boost, cause it all depends on the setup.

eg: T28 & T28BB which was use on Aus spec S15 & Jap spec S15, even though they both running 7-8psi at stock, they both gave 2 different output at the wheel.
s15 runs lower compression to the stock FTO...

Andre's car from memory ran upto 18psi (the first time it blew up and was owned by Helen - this is going back many years now)... i think it runs 12psi at the moment...

10's about as much as you'd want to run on a stock engine... and then its only for cold weather...
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

That sort of boost would certainly alter the drivability of this car, peak hour would be interesting :P
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

smorison wrote:
FTO338 wrote: I don't think you can measure kw at the wheels with amount of boost, cause it all depends on the setup.

s15 runs lower compression to the stock FTO...
I know, i was just pointing out that u can't measure KW with boost.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

FTO338 wrote: I know, i was just pointing out that u can't measure KW with boost.
yeah i know.,....

it was poor editing on my part when quoting.... sorry dude
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i for one can vouch for how it feels like being on 10psi, LoL... :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

GPXXX wrote:i for one can vouch for how it feels like being on 10psi, LoL... :lol:
You mean 10psi on a FTO, cause 10psi isn't much, unless its with MIVEC :twisted:
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Thats Andres Car, I was there when he pulled 176 @ the wheels, its a beast, and has whooped a modified rx7 which did 12's
I spoke to him a couple months ago and he is selling because there is some confusion with his visa, i think uni forgot to send him papers, and he may be forced to go home, so he is desperite to sell. There are no problems with the car as far as i know
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

So, he does 11 second quarter mile times then?

More pics would be really nice.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

im not sure what times he does, i dont think he has been down the strip