Fare prices??

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chromobolt
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fare prices??

Post by Chromobolt »

Hey guys I'm getting my FTO a roadworthy to transfer from NSW to QLD and took it to a mechanic.. He wrote me up this qote for work that needs to be done and prices for parts and I just wanted to know if these prices sound right.. You guys know parts/prices for FTO's better then anyone!! Do they look honest or am I getting stung here??

- Left reverse light not working - need to remove to inspect - possible bulb only
- Front left abs sensor damaged/brakes playing up - need to inspect further.
- Front lower control arm bushes ( require pressing out & in) $175
- Rear gearbox mount - $114.50 + freight
- Upper engine mount - $164.55 + freight
- Front lower mount - $114.50 + freight
(discounted freight if all mounts ordered together)
- Tighten rocker covers, full engine bay, gearbox, underneath, brakes, steering & suspension degrease incl. solvents & chemicals - $275
- Left & Right steering rack ends $240 pair
- Front strut bump stops & boots $95 pair
- Front of rear lower control arm bushes - $175
- Rear lower trailing arm bushes ( have to match up for price )
- Right c.v. boot $25-$35 match up
- 2 x new tyres, Front & rear wheel alignment - $410
- Exhaust - sports exhaust from cat back - $750, standard replacement - $620 extra $400 plus fitting for varex remote muffler
- Head light covers need to be repaired/cleaned/polished - we can do this but takes a couple hours plus $45 for parts so you may want to do this to same some money.

Total for parts as listed - $2274.55 plus $22 freight if all mounts purchased together, with more expensive cv boot & full sports exhaust system - so you can deduct prices from there eg standard system etc.

Plus degrease etc - $275

Workshop supplies, consumables and waste disposal - $66

Labour - $1567.50
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Re: Fare prices??

Post by Shhtuart »

Get the parts through amayama and save yourself 50%
Chromobolt
Apprentice

Post by Chromobolt »

This may sound like a silly question but is that someone from the club?? If yes I'll definitely message them :)
Chromobolt
Apprentice

Post by Chromobolt »

Ok just typed it into google then :) I know what it is now haha I'll check it out!!
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Hey Chromobolt.. Long time...:) How's your car? Did you manage to get that rear side alignment fixed?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, quite a few of those prices are high. Its probably not the mechanics fault as he is probably being quoted that from Mitsubishi. Go to Amayama as said above. Youll need the part numbers for those parts though to order them. Things like the bushes are available locally in nolathane variants that may be prefereable to the stock ones.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    shadowarrior
    Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Chromobolt wrote:Hey guys I'm getting my FTO a roadworthy to transfer from NSW to QLD and took it to a mechanic.. He wrote me up this qote for work that needs to be done and prices for parts and I just wanted to know if these prices sound right.. You guys know parts/prices for FTO's better then anyone!! Do they look honest or am I getting stung here??

- Left reverse light not working - need to remove to inspect - possible bulb only
    - Front left abs sensor damaged/brakes playing up - need to inspect further.
    (Could be the sensor needs cleaning, or the sensors gone, or the ABS ring has snapped. Mine just needed cleaning when I got the ABS error msg)
    - Front lower control arm bushes ( require pressing out & in) $175
    Bushes don't cost much. Might as well change the balljoint if you are taking it off imo.
    - Rear gearbox mount - $114.50 + freight
    (Too much, meek has the part for 50 bucks I think)
    - Upper engine mount - $164.55 + freight
    (Too much, meek has the part for 50 bucks I think)
    - Front lower mount - $114.50 + freight
    (Too much, meek has the part for 50 bucks I think. Also change the rear lower mount while you are changing the rest)
    (discounted freight if all mounts ordered together)
    - Tighten rocker covers, full engine bay, gearbox, underneath, brakes, steering & suspension degrease incl. solvents & chemicals - $275
    - Left & Right steering rack ends $240 pair
    Inner or outer or both? Outer is easy to do, inner is easy as long as you have the right tool. I'd take it to a shop if you don't have the tool. Parts don't cost much. Think it was $50 from ebay when I bought them.
    - Front strut bump stops & boots $95 pair
    - Front of rear lower control arm bushes - $175
    Cheaper to get new billet control arms. That's what I did (and many others). They are easy to replace by yourself.
    - Rear lower trailing arm bushes ( have to match up for price )
    I got the Superpro bushes, forgot price. Check their website for part number and call them up.
    - Right c.v. boot $25-$35 match up
    Take it to a proper CV shop for this. I got fucked by Repco who sold me boots which looked similar but was not for the FTO. Had to go back to the CV shop who matched up the boots in 2 mins. Also, its a messy job. If you need to check your ABS reluctor ring, you might as well get inner and outer cv boots done at the same time.
    - 2 x new tyres, Front & rear wheel alignment - $410
    - Exhaust - sports exhaust from cat back - $750, standard replacement - $620 extra $400 plus fitting for varex remote muffler
    Varex are good exhausts. But overkill if you just need a RWC.
    - Head light covers need to be repaired/cleaned/polished - we can do this but takes a couple hours plus $45 for parts so you may want to do this to same some money.
    An hour or so each to polish the headlights, find the Guide in DIY section here.

Total for parts as listed - $2274.55 plus $22 freight if all mounts purchased together, with more expensive cv boot & full sports exhaust system - so you can deduct prices from there eg standard system etc.

Plus degrease etc - $275

Workshop supplies, consumables and waste disposal - $66

Labour - $1567.50
    Sahin
    HULK

Post by Sahin »

Or just get it all done and don't f**k around and your car will be fully roadworthy with no problems at all
    bjk
    Totes

Post by bjk »

fair*