Petty fines

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO-Love-Affair
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Petty fines

Post by FTO-Love-Affair »

So, got done today for not displaying P plates, only when I left Canberra this morning I had them on. They were the magnet ones, and my best guess is that they flew off as I travelled. I plan to try and get leniency and have the fine quashed as it was genuinely something I didn't know about and I do have a friend who saw them on when we left.

What are my chances do you reckon of getting off? I personally don't like them :/
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Re: Petty fines

Post by FTOwnage »

Tried to appeal this exact fine under similar circumstances. The amount of people who say the exact same thing regardless if true or not, they will reject it.

$242 + 2 points

Just cop it haha
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
Strkszone
Grease Monkey

Post by Strkszone »

It's these sorts of things that makes me proud to be an American haha...>.< Good luck with the appeal, doubt it'll get through though :(
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

In South Australia they recommend against magnetic P plates for this reason. They always tell you to get suction cup ones. End of the day, it's your responsibility to ensure the vehicle is safe for use on a public roadway and also added to that as a P plater; that you ensure you are meeting the requirements of your license.

Unfortunately there are too many people who pull their P plates off to cover their license status from police so they don't have to meet the requirements of their license i.e.; set speed limits, curfews, passenger limitations.

Unfortunately once again it's the few that ruin it for the many
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Suction cup ones are illegal in NSW, must be displayed on the outside of the vehicle, can't be inside the windshield(s).

If you word it as "my P plates were fitted and secured at the commencement of my journey" then you might get lucky.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Daniel2019 wrote:Suction cup ones are illegal in NSW, must be displayed on the outside of the vehicle, can't be inside the windshield(s).
What the f**k, that's like the complete opposite to us here in SA. It's amazing how different our laws can be :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
JacksonChater
Apprentice

Post by JacksonChater »

I haven't been fined for my suction cup ones yet haha, although I have plate holders and magnet one on my car too
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Solution: Paint "P" onto car with a stencil and red plastidip. :cheeky: