I have some news...

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: I have some news...

Post by PHIL069 »

Update update update...

I have done some work up at the funny farm.
I borrowed a ute from work and hired a Bobcat for the Easter break and levelled out a 1/3 of the land for a driveway and filled the huge trench that was running down the entire driveway location, 56 Tonne 8O of road base/cement mix is getting delivered tomorrow to complete the driveway and parking area.
I also removed all the rubbish and unwanted fauna from under the gumtree with the Bobcat.
Bobcats are great fun, I only nearly flipped it once while carrying a tree up to high :lol:
Even 13 year old Steven had a great time operating it ;)

...But the "Bobcat" left very deep grooves in the dirt which would make for a very bumpy driveway. So I kindly asked the farmer next door to smooth it out with his tractor today, and he did a great job.

Also note that I made a sign for the fence with a road sign, masking tape and matt black spray paint, in one of the pics you can see the back of it :cheeky:

Get ready, here come the pics...

mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

1. will you be building a rally track around the house?
2. when is the inaugural FTOA rally meet?
3. where is the closest car wash place between there and QLD?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

BorepYano wrote:1. will you be building a rally track around the house?
2. when is the inaugural FTOA rally meet?
3. where is the closest car wash place between there and QLD?
1. No, but maybe a quad bike track and a RC track and a RC helipad
2. If by "rally" you mean piss up, then next year
3. You bring the bucket and I will supply the water :D
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I have built my first road, I will name it "Route 69 - Durey Lane"

It's 120m of pure driving pleasure with a 20m second lane and merging lane.

56 Tonne of road base/cement was delivered on Friday.
The truck done a pretty crappy job of spreading it evenly.
So I borrowed my neighbours tractor, evened it out, and spent 8 hours with a shovel cleaning up the edges (Sue spent about 30 mins with a shovel and gave up).
I have major blisters and sore muscles, but I am proud of my effort. :lol:

I used a laser guided roller to pack down the surface, you can see it in some of the pics ;)

Sue and Steven searched for rocks scattered around the block and started making an edge.

Now we just have to wait for rain to mix with the cement and we will end up with a very hard/solid road.

Pics...

Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Nice work!
Now, hurry up and build a house/shed!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

inb4 bonfire at Phil's place next year :P
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Are you going to grow some wheat or something in those paddocks?
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

destinationtoby wrote:Are you going to grow some wheat or something in those paddocks?
"wheat"
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
destinationtoby
Broke it

Or cotton :lol: don't know wtf else would grow well out there
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

ObsidianRadio wrote:
destinationtoby wrote:Are you going to grow some wheat or something in those paddocks?
"wheat"
Wheat
Whead
Wheed
Weed
Profit
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I only own 1 "paddock", 2.5 acres, so no I won't be growing any wheat :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

A picture free update...

The land has been visited by the surveyors and they have done the soil tests and the contour report.

The soil is good to go, no further costs to excavations :cheers:

The contour report shows that a 750mm cut has to be done to make a level pad for the house.
We had already been quoted $1500 for up to a 500mm cut and a stone pad layed, so it will cost us extra.
We were given 2 choices.
1. Cut 750mm and put stone pad down on virgin earth = $1500 + $1800extra = $3300
2. Cut 350mm from the rear of the area and put the dirt to the front. But this will then require concrete piers under the front of the house = $1500 + $5000 extra = $6500
We opted for option 1.

We have also been informed that we have to have 2 extra windows in the north facing wall of the house to meet "Energy Efficiency", this is going to cost an extra $1000.
destinationtoby
Broke it

8O $5000 for piers, how many do you Need? Do them yourself it's easy & cheap.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

destinationtoby wrote:8O $5000 for piers, how many do you Need? Do them yourself it's easy & cheap.
The $5000 would be for the design and construction of the piers.
I couldn't do it myself as they have to do it all so I get my 20 year structual warranty.

Anyway we are going for the option without piers for an extra $1800.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Time for an update...

We have signed the "contract to build", house construction totals $143,000 so far.

We have accumulated all our other quotes incl.
- 12m x 7.6m x 3m colourbond shed, supplied and constructed on concrete footings $14,000
- Earthworks and pad for shed $1,500
- Concrete slab for shed $6,650
- Plumbing, connection from water meter to house (110m) + 3000l septic tank + 90m2 soakage area + 2 x 5000l water tanks (incl all earth works) $12,000
- Electrical, connection of three phase from power pole to house (110m) + connection of three phase from house to shed (incl power points and lights) + 7.1kW split AC to main living + 2.5kW split AC to master bed $11,500
- Carpet to bedrooms and office $3,750

Build total = $194,000
Land = $65,000
Total = $259,000

The bank pre approved us for $230,000, so we are hoping they will go for the full amount. If not we will have to lose some of the stuff.

We have signed the loan application, now we wait to hear some news.

We took the FTO up to the land today and what a difference a change of season brings.
Pics...

Notes...
These pics were taken with my phone, not my DLSR...Sorry.
You will notice the stakes we have placed for the position of the house and shed.

PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

PHIL069 wrote:The contour report shows that a 750mm cut has to be done to make a level pad for the house.
We had already been quoted $1500 for up to a 500mm cut and a stone pad layed, so it will cost us extra.
We were given 2 choices.
1. Cut 750mm and put stone pad down on virgin earth = $1500 + $1800extra = $3300
2. Cut 350mm from the rear of the area and put the dirt to the front. But this will then require concrete piers under the front of the house = $1500 + $5000 extra = $6500
We opted for option 1.
Through confusion, I was informed incorrectly, the earth works will increase from $1500 to $1800 total.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Your front area is starting to look good. Better than the plowed red dirt you had last time I saw it :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
destinationtoby
Broke it

So flat. Does it ever flood?
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

destinationtoby wrote:So flat. Does it ever flood?
It's not flat at all, it slopes down from the back to the front.
Plus we are up a lot higher than sea level, thus we have a great view down to the gulf.
No flooding.
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Nice, hope they approve the loan!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia