Auto Transmission

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

icelus
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Auto Transmission

Post by icelus »

hi all, i was just wondering, how often should you change the oil inside the auto transmission? i was looking through the past owners log books and i dont think it has ever been changed. well, at least there is no record of it. and another question would be, any idea how long would these auto box last? how reliable is it?

EDIT: wait, just found that the last time the transmission oil was changed 4 years ago at 161,800km. nothing about the filter though.
Last edited by icelus on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: Auto Transmission

Post by Daniel2019 »

Whenever it gets dirty. Typically lasts around 50,000km to 80,000km mark.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

How long does the auto box last?
Mine on the last car was at around 330000km's I think before I sold the car and it was still working fine then.
I had an additional oil cooler fitted for the transmission fluid and would highly recommend this if keeping it auto.
Last edited by Rob Furniss on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

I think when we were looking in your engine bay at the bonfire the Auto Trans filter looked quite old. Might be an idea to replace it when you change the fluid next.

Ryco Z411 oil filter, same as the engine's oil filter. Cost about $10 each from SCA.
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
icelus
Apprentice

Post by icelus »

FTOwnage wrote:I think when we were looking in your engine bay at the bonfire the Auto Trans filter looked quite old. Might be an idea to replace it when you change the fluid next.

LOL, quite old is a very nice way to put it. i think it has never been changed before. not from the log books anyway. which is why i started to get a little worried. thank you for the advice guys!

if anyone else has anything more to add, feel free to keep the comments coming! would be good for me to know more