Magna throttle body has arrived!

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rob Furniss
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Magna throttle body has arrived!

Post by Rob Furniss »

Well two in fact, one for Rowans car arrived last week and the one for my car has just arrived, both are 65mm, got them for about $50 each if I average it out.
Will pop to bunnings later in the week for an air die grinder and a burr so I can port the plenums to match.
Bonus is one came with a stepper motor and TPS still attached so I now have spares.
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Re: Magna throttle body has arrived!

Post by Technikhaus »

Once you've bored the plenum's to match, can you just throw it onto the car and it'll work, or do you need to have a piggy back and re-tune it?
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

It should need tuning a little with a piggyback to make any difference, got an emanage blue for each car and a plug and play boomslang harness for my car so need to get one of those for Rowans (or he can pinch mine for now and buy me one back), i've got an aem wideband uego oxygen sensor and air fuel ratio gauge in my car so he will need one of those too so we can tune it.
I'm not bothering tuning mine until I get the supercharger on (which at this point still looks way off), i've still got all my old maps too so setting Rowans up shouldn't take too much time just a bit of tweaking I hope with two of us in the car testing on the road, then dyno it and maybe get them to tweak it further but not expecting anything massive (he's got extractors coming too).
He wants to charge his later anyway - supercharger / turbo / both - too early to tell.
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Sounds like some good fun none the less!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, it'll run really lean on low rpm, but as the revs go up it levels out a bit. Still recommend a tune when you can though.