yellowish oil leak

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Fulltiltorgasm
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

yellowish oil leak

Post by Fulltiltorgasm »

Just noticed this morning when backed out of garage a few yellowish drops coming from the gearbox (auto) side of the car prob bout a teaspoon or so overnight, i thought trans oil is usually redish colour ? is there anything else this could be other than gearbox fluid and if it is where does it usually leak from ? Inner CV's ? i will have a closer look this arve. any thoughts guys ?
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Re: yellowish oil leak

Post by Shhtuart »

Fulltiltorgasm wrote:Just noticed this morning when backed out of garage a few yellowish drops coming from the gearbox (auto) side of the car prob bout a teaspoon or so overnight, i thought trans oil is usually redish colour ? is there anything else this could be other than gearbox fluid and if it is where does it usually leak from ? Inner CV's ? i will have a closer look this arve. any thoughts guys ?
Dextron 3 is the preferred power steering fluid but all other power steering fluids you buy from the shops are yellow. I'd dare say your steering rack is leaking.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Could also be diluted coolant.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Fulltiltorgasm
Grease Monkey

Post by Fulltiltorgasm »

thanks for the replies guys, well i checked all the fluids im aware of n none match the brightish yellow colour ? trying to eliminate all possibilities,

trans was reddish colour n ok
coolant is lime green and full level
brake fluid is clearish colour
power steering is ok

so i cant figure where it is coming from ? :scratch: my most likely probability was coolant but that is lime green colour so that doesnt match either ? stumped
Strkszone
Grease Monkey

Post by Strkszone »

Have you seen where the leak is coming out of? Jack the car up and try to get a better look (maybe take a picture) then someone can let you know if they recognize it :)