General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Complete FTO Site Upgrade

Post by dstocks »

Hi All,

Have spent the last few months upgrading Complete FTO. Its not finished yet, but given that quite a bit of the part content in the existing site was incomplete, what I have now is already better than the existing one. The Parts section in the left menu and the search is where most of the changes are visible.

Ive processed about half of the parts so far (its really slow), but they they should eventually appear as I add the missing ones. After this is done, ill be looking at redesigning the interface to support mobile.

Anyway, hope you like the changes.

http://www.completefto.com.au/default.aspx

cheers

dstocks
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    spetz
    Oldtimer

Re: Complete FTO Site Upgrade

Post by spetz »

Great work, but should it be titled "completefto fern nursery"?
    bjk
    Totes

Post by bjk »

Looking comprehensive! I take it that it's a reference list and not what you actually have??

A quick suggestion on design for the side bar with the drop menus would be indenting them, or colouring them differently maybe to differentiate them?
    POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
    Image Image Image Image
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Great work, but should it be titled "completefto fern nursery"?
    Ahhh yes, will fix that. Using the same basic design template as the fern nursery website [edit] fixed now [\edit]
    Looking comprehensive! I take it that it's a reference list and not what you actually have??
    The parts section is a reference. of most common parts people ask for as well as some of the aftermarket replacements (Ill be adding to that as time goes by). The part breakdowns menu has ALL parts although ive only completed the latter part breakdowns and have to add some missing parts for the earlier breakdowns + document the applicability. This meanslookingup every part in CAPS/ASA individually. And given there are some 4000 parts for the FTO,this is a big job.
    A quick suggestion on design for the side bar with the drop menus would be indenting them, or colouring them differently maybe to differentiate them?
    Yeah, got to work on the CSS a bit . As I said, have released it part done. [edit] fixed lower level menu differentiation [\edit]

So, on the road map:
    1. Add the rest of the parts
    2. Fix the CSS
    3. Add aftermarket equivalents
    4. Add more pictures
    4. Upgrade site to support mobile/tablet
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Technikhaus
      Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Nice work!
      Is it just me that it's really slow for?
      Thinking it may be an NZ thing, but it takes ages to load anything.
      Man '96 FTO GPX
      Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
      Man '90 MR2 GT
      Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yeah, it is a bit slow.Thats the database sitting behind it I think. I need to move from access to mysql or SQL Server to improve that though and I will lose flexibility by doing that. Im hoping to improve it when I redesign as well. For now though, im afraid the speed is not something I can easily address.