ISO Harness

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mezje
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

ISO Harness

Post by mezje »

I am going to install a new head unit, sub and amp from my previous car, I noticed every ISO harness I look at says 'non amplified only' next to FTO in the compatibility list. Will this mean my sub and amp won't work?

I didn't even check in my last car but everything worked fine. I assume that the head unit controls the sub/amp so as long as that is powered etc we are all good?

Would rather avoid soldering because I am electrically retared...
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Re: ISO Harness

Post by Vectose »

Are you just amping the sub and not the speakers?

If yes, you just need to run power and ground to the amp as well as a remote wire and RCA cables from the head unit to the amp.

Power should come from the battery and have a fuse inline about 6" from the battery.

Ground should be any bare metal in the boot. People have used strut bolts and rear seatbelt latch bolts. Just make sure to scrape the paint off and it's contacting with bare metal.

The remote wire will come from the head unit and if you don't want to solder, you will have to get a crimp connection and route a wire to the amps remote turn on input. This will turn your amp on when the head unit is turned on.

The RCA cables will be coming from the head unit and into the amp, try not to route these with the power cable as you can get noise, instead route them on the opposite side of the car.

Then from the amp you just need to hook up the speaker wire to the sub.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
mezje
Mechanic

Re: ISO Harness

Post by mezje »

Vectose wrote:Are you just amping the sub and not the speakers?

If yes, you just need to run power and ground to the amp as well as a remote wire and RCA cables from the head unit to the amp.

Power should come from the battery and have a fuse inline about 6" from the battery.

Ground should be any bare metal in the boot. People have used strut bolts and rear seatbelt latch bolts. Just make sure to scrape the paint off and it's contacting with bare metal.

The remote wire will come from the head unit and if you don't want to solder, you will have to get a crimp connection and route a wire to the amps remote turn on input. This will turn your amp on when the head unit is turned on.

The RCA cables will be coming from the head unit and into the amp, try not to route these with the power cable as you can get noise, instead route them on the opposite side of the car.

Then from the amp you just need to hook up the speaker wire to the sub.
Yup, just the sub.

Sounds like exactly what I did in my last car, thanks :)