Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shiggz
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Indicators not working?

Post by shiggz »

Hey guys,

So I was just replacing my heater matrix, and was putting the dash back and installing everything back in.
I've connected most of it back up apart from the centre console and steering wheel etc.

Before I install the entire dash I decided to check the headlights/wipers/indicators. While I was checking that, I noticed that the indicators didn't work, however the headlights and wipers work, but nothing happens when I turn the indicator stalk, the front/side/back don't light up, and it doesn't show up on the instrument cluster either. (All 3 connections behind the indicator/light/wiper hub are secure)

I checked fuse 4 under the drivers side dash and fuse 7 under the bonnet, and both look okay. Anyone have any idea why the indicators don't work? Have I missed out on connecting any other wires anywhere?

(There is 1 big and small female white plug/connection near the blower (left bottom of the dash), but I don't think it ever connected to anything; theres nothing for it to connect to, but I doubt it'd be related to the indicators anyway)
Sututututuuuuu

Vectose
Forum Moderator

Re: Indicators not working?

Post by Vectose »

Is the hazard switch plugged in?
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Just tried that, and yeah it worked! :lol:

Didn't realise that would need to be plugged in for the indicator to work... #nooblyf

Cheers :)
Sututututuuuuu

Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Easy mistake to make, you wouldn't usually expect it to be needed!
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Rj-Fto
Apprentice

Post by Rj-Fto »

I have the same issue where indicators stopped working all of a sudden this morning. I have checked the fuse under the steering wheel and in the front fuse box. Replaced fuse 4 and 7, but the indicators don't work(hazard lights work fine). I coudn't locate the hazard switch mentioned above. Can anyone please post a photo of the hazard switch so that I can try re-plugging it? Thanks.
<div><em><strong>RJ-FTO<br><br>1996 FTO GR AUTO MIDNIGHT BLUE<br><br></strong></em></div>
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

How do you know the hazard lights work fine when you don’t know where the hazard light switch is? Wtf
Rj-Fto
Apprentice

Post by Rj-Fto »

Sahin wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:08 am How do you know the hazard lights work fine when you don’t know where the hazard light switch is? Wtf
:lol: If you are referring to the below image as the hazard switch, my bad as i thought the hazard switch is another component beneath the steering wheel section.

The fuses look good but still no indicators and hazard is working fine.
<div><em><strong>RJ-FTO<br><br>1996 FTO GR AUTO MIDNIGHT BLUE<br><br></strong></em></div>
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Hmmm... Joined a car forum 10 years ago... does not know what hazard switch is.