Need HELP, Where Do I Service My FTO?!?!

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BJ
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Need HELP, Where Do I Service My FTO?!?!

Post by BJ »

Hey FTO Lovers! howz it goin? Well i need HELP! I have no idea on where to get my FTO-GR serviced at? Im not sure where to go! Well i live in the north-side of victoria (Bundoora), can anyone help & recommend any places where to go? much appreciated! thanks 2 all of FTO Lovers!

PS. I drive the 4-speed tiptronic FTO-GR & about a year-ago, i always drove my fto in auto-mode, but then 1 day i ways washing the fto and i thought i'll wash the engine, but i regret it....because ever since i did that, my auto-mode is not working properly, it changes the gears incorectly now, like example, when im driving, im doing about 80kms in 4th gear and if i slightly just tap (& I mean Just TAP) the accelerator, its goes back down to 2nd! Another example, when i drive, it changes to 2nd gear when the revs are about 6-7revs, It didnt do those things before, until i washed the engine and now ive been using tiptronic to change the gears properly ever since, did i stuff up the electronics in the engine because i washed it?!?!?! thanks again for your comments & help. Much appreciated!!!!!
Take care everyone!
BJ
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

The place that has gotten the most recommendations from other Victorians is:

SL Motorsport
1/39 Osborne Ave
Springvale 3171
(03) 9548 5837

Given that the FTO has a "smart" auto trans, have you tried reseting the ECU?

To do this, disconnect your battery for around 30min. This will wipe the memory and the car will re-learn your driving style. It will also adjust itself to any mods you have and to the RON of the fuel you are using. It may drive strange for a little while as it works this all out, but should then settle down and work at it's optimum. If this doesn't fix the problem then it could be getting a bit serious.

Before disconnecting power, make sure you have the codes for anything like your radio or alarm etc. that may have a code.
MIVEC is My Friend :D