wrong alternator belt

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kds1
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

wrong alternator belt

Post by kds1 »

Hi guys as you no I'm a bit of a noob with the fto. I been having problems with the mivec not kicking and rev cut off 6100k ran the diagnostic trick and have 64 error alternator . I have checked all connections and noticed the alternator belt was new and repco brand so I thought might give them a call to verify it's the right one turns out its not. No my question is the belt that's on it is shorter the belt that's supposed to be on it will this stop the mivec from kicking
Belt that's on my fto 4pk940rb

Belt that should be on it 4pk950rb
kiz
SA Coordinator

Re: wrong alternator belt

Post by kiz »

Are you sure you can't get it on. Have you loosened the tensioner and then retensioned?
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Oh, you got it on, No this will not affect it.

Check alternator plug

Also make sure you've got all 4 pins on the plug there, I recently found out I'd burnt out 1 pin and so mivec was sparatic
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
kds1
Apprentice

Post by kds1 »

Thanks mate she's a reco job on the alternator I think cheers
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, but sometimes, instead of putting in the proper alternator (4 pin plug), people put in a GR alternator (2 pin plug) and if this has been done, you wont get mivec until you swap the alternator for the proper 4 pin one.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    kds1
    Apprentice

Post by kds1 »

It is the right one 4pin and the auto electrician has worked on them and knows the problem he asked me the same question I think ill be in good hands