Sad news for Melbourne FTO owners

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rxboy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Sad news for Melbourne FTO owners

Post by rxboy »

I have just heard that Collins Mitsubishi, the biggest stockist of FTO parts in Melbourne, has shut down its operations :cry: . The good news is that Chadstone Mitsubishi has agreed to slowly start stocking more parts for the FTO.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Where is Chadstone Mitsubishi... I am in the area a lot and haven't noticed it before... or am I just going blind in my old age?
LED ALL the things.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

First of all, i didnt even know Collins Mitsubishi use to be the largest supplier of FTO parts.
Second of all , Chadstone mitsubishi are the biggest extortion wankers on the planet!! :evil:
its right opposite Chadstone shopping centre but i wouldnt waste my time with those people. When i went in for my 40,000 km service last year they charged me $650 and didnt even change the god damn spark plugs!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :x :x
when i went back it was like talking to a brick wall :roll: they didnt even know the front plugs on the FTO arent platinum from factory and NEED to be replaced at the major service. :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Use SL Motorsport for your servicing, use Chadstone Mitsubishi for the spare parts.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Shut down its operations as in closing down or just stop bringing in import car stuff? :?

I got few FTO parts from them (Ralliart parts), & the prices are very resonable, & they also are very helpfull when i had my question with the FTO. What a shame :cry:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
tarkus
Mechanic

sad news

Post by tarkus »

just to let you all know, Lou, the parts manager from Collins has gone to Chaddy Mits and taken all the FTO parts manuals. I think it is the CAPS program which I have anyway. Yes get your parts from them and use your own garage to fit them.

tarkus
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Chadstone Mitsubishi is not quite opposite Chadstone SC. It's approximately next to where Neerim Rd starts close to the corner of Princess Hwy and Warrigal Rd. The little Parts shop is actually on Neerim Gve.

I agree with not using Mitsu for servicing - just for parts.