Jess' FTO build / questions thread

A place for members to show off their pride & joys.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bjk
Totes
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Jess' FTO build / questions thread

Post by bjk »

Factory foggies go for a mint apparently, maybe the ADR guys have just been flogging them off on eBay all these years. :lol: And don't the indicators usually go in the furthest ports? I never understood how they end up in the middle.

Aerial should come on when you turn radio on? At least that's what it did in mine.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
DODO``
Grease Monkey

Post by DODO`` »

bjk wrote:Factory foggies go for a mint apparently, maybe the ADR guys have just been flogging them off on eBay all these years. :lol: And don't the indicators usually go in the furthest ports? I never understood how they end up in the middle.

Aerial should come on when you turn radio on? At least that's what it did in mine.

How do I explain the blank button then? surely the ADR guys couldn't have had the blank replacement buttons handy.. yea they usually do have the indicators further apart, yes.. when I saw the picture, I thought the previous owner switched indicator and foggies but no it was empty haha.

and No aerial? This could be a wonderful thing because I thought those fishing rod type aerials looked outdated.. but I still need my radio reception!

dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Sorry, was concentrating on the foglights. They have replaced the cluster surround with one that had the electric aerial. Your reception is in the wire attached to the rear glass. Doesnt work as well, but you dont end up with the aerial. The electric aerial is a factory option.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    DODO``
    Grease Monkey

Post by DODO`` »

dstocks wrote:Sorry, was concentrating on the foglights. They have replaced the cluster surround with one that had the electric aerial. Your reception is in the wire attached to the rear glass. Doesnt work as well, but you dont end up with the aerial. The electric aerial is a factory option.
    Oh man Mr dstocks, you know everything! Thanks once again! Do you know where I might be able to get an hold of a fog light? nothing comes up on ebay :(

EDIT: one came up on ebay from Malaysia. and its USD 237! hm.....!
    DODO``
    Grease Monkey

Post by DODO`` »

Found a aftermarket one. ..

aaand.. This is where I deviate from keeping the car in stock form...

dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hmmmm, I have my original ones, but not sure I want to sell them. Do have spares of one side but not both. Are you willing to go aftermarket as you can get VW ones that have halos off ebay for about $70 (from memory) that fit well.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      bjk
      Totes

Post by bjk »

At least it's still a light that goes in a stock location. ;) better than a giant LED strip all along the bumper. :lol:
      POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
      Image Image Image Image
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, they are the ones
        DODO``
        Grease Monkey

Post by DODO`` »

dstocks wrote:Hmmmm, I have my original ones, but not sure I want to sell them. Do have spares of one side but not both. Are you willing to go aftermarket as you can get VW ones that have halos off ebay for about $70 (from memory) that fit well.
        ooooohhhhh link please? please? please? :) :) :)
        DODO``
        Grease Monkey

bought some stuff

Post by DODO`` »

while I'm waiting for the workshop to open,, purchased some cosmetic stuff..

-"the bit"
        -cushi bit around the clock and batt gauge
        -front strut brace (missing for some reason.. maybe ADR guys again? lol )
        -gauge aluminium rings.. (rice it up a bit)
        -steering wheel leather cover (original ones worn out as f*!)
        -gear knob..

Things I'm tentative to buying in the future are..

-fooog light..
        -genuine side skirts.. now.. I'm looking at this one here ... Can anyone please explain whats involved getting this one installed? I'm hoping its straight bolt on? would hate to drill holes into chassis..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-F ... xyu1BTlAR8
        Last edited by DODO`` on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Holes it is. The Version R's didnt have the holes for sideskirts inless they were fitted in the factory. On the plus side, I think thats only one on each side (on under side of quarter panel) . They are attached at the top with double sided tape and on the bottom with screws. Im guessing these are already there so you wouldnt have to drill them.

Oh and thats too much to pay. DOnt pay more than $50 for them
          DODO``
          Grease Monkey

Post by DODO`` »

dstocks wrote:Holes it is. The Version R's didnt have the holes for sideskirts inless they were fitted in the factory. On the plus side, I think thats only one on each side (on under side of quarter panel) . They are attached at the top with double sided tape and on the bottom with screws. Im guessing these are already there so you wouldnt have to drill them.

Oh and thats too much to pay. DOnt pay more than $50 for them
          Thank you sir :salut:
          bjk
          Totes

Post by bjk »

Nah, just leave the skirts off, weight saving bro!

And take your front bumper and spoiler off too, and send them to me...