Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto12345
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

bushes in the car...

Post by fto12345 »

Hello,

I know this has been covered before, but I need help from people in Sydney.

My car seems to make a lot of noise when it's going over bumps....
And I am told that it's the bushes in the shocks.

How do I get this replaced?
And where can I get it done?
And how much am I looking at?

Hope I don't have to change my entire shocks.

Thank you,
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

hey
who told you its the bushes in the shocks??
i'd check your swaybar bushes and droplinks before taking your struts out... just because theyre more common problems with our cars....

simon
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

So the 64 thousand dollar question is...where do yuo get the bushes from (in Australia)? And how much are they going to cost?

As I posted ages ago, if I can get hold of some, or even just the dimensions, I can get them made up in whatever grade urethane you like, for a lot less than you can buy them for.

How do you check if it is your droplinks? Is it a DIY or will you need a mechanic type person?
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

mrx wrote:So the 64 thousand dollar question is...where do yuo get the bushes from (in Australia)? And how much are they going to cost?

As I posted ages ago, if I can get hold of some, or even just the dimensions, I can get them made up in whatever grade urethane you like, for a lot less than you can buy them for.

How do you check if it is your droplinks? Is it a DIY or will you need a mechanic type person?
i got bushes from whiteline but i got them when i upgraded my swaybars...

your droplink is the thing that connects your swaybar to your suspension strut. it has two ball joints on it... grab the droplink and try and move it to see if there is any play in the ball joints... if there is, its likely that you will need a new droplink now or soon.... if theres no play in the joints, then you probly dont need new ones...

simon