BJK's 6A13TT FTO

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

getonit
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: BJK's 6A13TT FTO

Post by getonit »

Bennoz wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:06 am Just whack 'em on & send it, calculator boi.
:lol:
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

BJ always running genuine wheels πŸ‘Œ

What size tyre are you going to run?
Do you think you could fit a 235/45/18 or gonna squeeze something a biller smaller?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

You’ll have to go 225/40
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

235/40 for the moment. Won't be particularly low so shouldn't be much issue there.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Gonna take em to the tip if nobody buys em :creepymatt:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Few snippy snaps from my romp in the canyons this afternoon.

Image Image Image Image
getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

Top looking rig mate.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

getonit wrote: ↑Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:32 pm Top looking rig mate.
Gracias, good sir.
Image Image Image Image
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Car is looking mint beej πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

adzski wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:45 pm Car is looking mint beej πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Cheers man.

Even after an overly lengthy burp and new rad cap, I still seem to be losing coolant over successive drives. Doesn't appear to drastically change at what temperature the engine actually runs (asides from maybe raising its cruising temp slightly), which is good, I guess, but also puzzling. I can just keep topping it up, but I think I'll book it in for a pressure test to rule that out, as it doesn't seem to leak at all when idling.

C'est la vie with project cars. Inb4 hEaDGaSkeT.

Image Image Image Image
adzski
Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

The Enkei's are looking good πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

That really strange, hopefully its just something simple.
What is the colour of the oil like?
slippercream
Apprentice

Post by slippercream »

:( GL, man. Sucks having to troubleshoot when you don't even see a puddle.
06 Eclipse GT 5/MT AWD | 09 Eclipse GT 6/MT FWD | 18 Eclipse Cross SEL CVT S-AWC
94 FTO COTY 4/AT FWD | 14 Evo X MR 6/DCT S-AWC | 15 Evo X FE 5/MT S-AWC

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Been doing a bunch of little things to test the roadworthiness of this shitheap before bonfire this year :lol:

Ticked off the pressure test, no external leaks. Ticked off the headgasket-y "TK" (?) test thing, which came back negative for gasses in the coolant. Chucked on a 1.3bar radiator cap to see if it would make any difference to how much the overflow reservoir was filling up; difference probably not quite quantifiable, would still get pretty full after hard driving, although maybe a byproduct of it being too full to begin with, or too small compared to the Galant one (going to try and squeeze one in by redoing the intake, RIP "The Shoe", although I might still not have room lol).

Additionally got something I've been yammering about for ages, which was some ducting/diversion plates and an undertray.

Results: somewhat noticeable, but also yes but no. Been testing by going up and down our Southern Expressway. Last time I went without the ducting, on the way up it climbed to about 95c and stayed stable. Stopped at the end for a bit, drove back, and gradually by the end it was around 100c. Then it drops to 90 or below rolling down the hill.

With the ducting, cruised at 90c all the way up, even with giving it some boost a few times. But mostly the same story as before on the way back, maybe a few degrees lower, which could maybe even just be ambient temp. Will have to see if it makes any difference in the hills.