Travel plans

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MaxD
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Travel plans

Post by MaxD »

Hi all,

I'm planning a small trip to 18 destinations...as you do. Tried to make it 20, but seems I can't get 100 days off work and still have a job at the end of it.

06/03 - 15/03: Perth (9d)
16/03 - 20/03: Sydney (5d)
21/03 - 01/04: Auckland & Christchurch (12d)

I plan to head North of Perth for a spot of scuba diving and the standard touristy things to do in Sydney, but beyond that, what else do you suggest? I have a cousin in Sydney who I'm sure I'll bump in too and family in Christchurch. After NZ, it's Fiji for 6-8 days for some diving and relaxation before my homeward leg via LA & Miami.

The start of my trip is being scheduled for 2nd Jan 2019, so getting the FTO back on the road will have to wait a little longer.

Thanks
Sahin
HULK

Re: Travel plans

Post by Sahin »

Head to Fremantle in Perth and get sh*t faced drunk at the little creatures brewery while eating pizza on the shorefront

Then take a tour of the prison (with underground caves built by your ancestors (convicts))

Then in Sydney go to “the grounds” at least once for sick food and stuff
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Swimming with whale sharks north of Perth is supposed to be good, it's a bit of a hike North of Perth though near Exmouth.
Going the other way - Margaret River 3 hours south of Perth is nice if you like wine, beer, caves, good food, nice scenery too.
getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

Cessnock and Gateshead are prime destinations.
MaxD
Grease Monkey

Post by MaxD »

The main reason for Perth is for diving and many Brits tend to go to the Eastern side only. Will look at the South and the other places suggested. Thanks.

Have now added a third destination to the list: Perth (9d) > Cairns (5d) > Sydney (5d)

I've reduced the destinations to 14, extended the trip to 95 days and received approval from the Company director so bought the flights today. :-) The Company is paying for the India trip and possibly the US trip the other side. :-)
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Nothing to do in cairns lol
MaxD
Grease Monkey

Post by MaxD »

I've decided to stick to the 3 main cities rather than go up to Exmouth and have rejigged the time in each place a smidge. Flights paid for, just need to sort out activities and accommodation. :-)