General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mezje
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO stuff @ Mitsubishi Auto Gallery

Post by mezje »

Pics can be found here

For those not on Facebook, I went to the Mitsubishi Auto Gallery today near Okazaki.

Bizarre experience and not easy to get to or contact as a foreign person. We rocked up and were made to wear arm bands and given a brief tour and then left alone. Not much FTO stuff sadly, a few things on the COTY and the EV model but that was about it, oh and the bizarre model of the hatch concept and a ChoroQ model.

There was also an old FTO on display, old GTO, a Tommy Evo VI, some rally cars and some other older models, definitely very lacking compared to Toyota, Nissan and Honda's museums.

Unless you are in Nagoya or close I wouldn't really recommend it, if you are keen on going, instructions are below:

If you are going to get there from Nagoya via public transport and aren't keen on buses then this is the best way. Nagoya > Fujigaoko (Higashiyama Line). Fujigaoka > Yakusa (Limino Line - driverless maglev train, pretty cool). Yakusa > Kitanomasuzuka Station, walk from here (~15 mins), GPS: 三菱自動車工業 岡崎製作所 休日夜間専用

I was told there is a bus from a nearby, easier to access station but I couldn't figure it out so stuck with trains.

Walk in the main entrance and speak with security, they will direct you from here. Reservation is a must and it is only over the phone, see their website: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/jp/co ... togallery/
Blue Spirit

Re: FTO stuff @ Mitsubishi Auto Gallery

Post by Blue Spirit »

Great stuff mate. Interesting shots - love the hatch!
yotka
Mechanic

Re: FTO stuff @ Mitsubishi Auto Gallery

Post by yotka »

Thank you for the pictures.
Overall, very interesting.
Never knew about the hatch concept.