Engine swap success

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Engine swap success

Post by Mivec swapped gx »

Done an engine swap from my jap mivec swapped 99 gx into my mates 96 uk gpx over the weekend because he needed a new timing belt and half moon seals, all went smoothly other than the fact the mivec engine in the gx had a gr intake manifold and a MAF sensor instead of a MAP sensor because it had a gx ecu so i had to change the intake manifold off the gpx engine onto the jap one( luckily I caught it while it was out easy as) and swap gearboxes because we only just put a stage 4 mantic clutch in the gpx and it had a standard lsd aswell after that we dropped it in, plugged it all in and it started first go and is running perfect, it was my first engine swap so i think I done good to get it started first
Anything anyone can think of that's easy to swap over that may be worn out in the gpx while it's off the road because the gx is newer and has a lot of new stuff on it I've got about $10,000 in receipts for new bushes, control arms, sway bar links and heaps of other stuff
spetz
Oldtimer

Re: Engine swap success

Post by spetz »

I wasn't aware that the intake manifolds were any different between MIVEC and non-MIVEC engines.
bjk
Totes

Re: Engine swap success

Post by bjk »

spetz wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 am I wasn't aware that the intake manifolds were any different between MIVEC and non-MIVEC engines.
Vectose tells me there's extra ports for the MAP sensor and IAT (I think)