Complete shutdown with new LEDs

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Complete shutdown with new LEDs

Post by Mivec swapped gx »

Alright so done the engine swap and all went well been driving better thsn ever then i plugged in some new led headlights yesterday and they started flickering then the whole car shut down, lights, dash lights, and wipers only have some power and when i turn the headlights on the dash and interior lights go really dim while the stereo just won't turn on at all and it won't try kick over the tiniest bit. It says on the box if the led globe's flicker and send a fault code I need a canbus unit for them to work, anyone have an idea what code it might of thrown or which fuse/ relay could of gone. I've unplugged the leds and put the normal globe's back in and still nothing
Bennoz
National President

Re: Complete shutdown with new LEDs

Post by Bennoz »

Did you re-attached the big earth lead to the gearbox?
Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice

Yeah i attached the earth to gearbox, been driving the car for the past week and it has been fine, it's got to do with the led headlight conversion kit, I plugged them in and they started to flicker then i just lost everything. Put the normal globe's back in and still the same so it's got to be a fuse/ relay/ or fault code. Right ??
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Sounds like a an earth issue. It's effecting everything..
Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice

I've got reds, interior lights and headlights/ brake lights they're just really dull, could an alternator do this because the battery light was really dull while idling and got brighter the more the revs went up before it stopped starting which I'm guessing is the alternator dying.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Lol it’s not the alternator 😂 it’s an earth for sure