help i wanna go racing :)

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JJSyd
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

help i wanna go racing :)

Post by JJSyd »

oki im hoping to head to oran prk with u guys budget permitting :)
I have arrnd 2k to make it happen.
i need a major service and would like some bigger n better brakes.
passanger door doesnt lock n i think i have a steering issue due to my bumpy budget driveway.
I cant do the work myself because i have no idea and some of the prices i have seen for a major service alone will wipe me out and i wont get to oran prk :(
little help please :)
all/any suggestions welcome
smorison
The Godfather

Re: help i wanna go racing :)

Post by smorison »

JJSyd wrote:oki im hoping to head to oran prk with u guys budget permitting :)
I have arrnd 2k to make it happen.
i need a major service and would like some bigger n better brakes.
passanger door doesnt lock n i think i have a steering issue due to my bumpy budget driveway.
I cant do the work myself because i have no idea and some of the prices i have seen for a major service alone will wipe me out and i wont get to oran prk :(
little help please :)
all/any suggestions welcome

Firstly how many k's has your car done??? you can probably get away without having to do a Major service if you inspect ALL belts especially the timing belt and make sure its not worn badly. UAS price for a Major Service is 1500.00 or there abouts depending on whether or not they find other problems (this can be reduced by taking out parts of the major service if necessary).

we have a brake upgrade kit coming but it won't be ready for oran park.. in the interim i recommend using RACE BRAKES pads... specifically the RB74's they are fantastic at stopping the car even after 20 minutes on a racetrack there is no real brake fade, the only downside is the amount of dust they create.

a wheel alignment is probably all you need. We use and recommend Beaurepairs at parramatta underneath Westfield )corner o'conell & aird), go there speak to Steve and tell him you're part of the FTO club and he'll give you a good price.

Where are you located? i'm sure we can come and have a look / feel of your car and advise you of what we think needs to happen to ensure its safe for putting on the track.
JJSyd
Apprentice

Post by JJSyd »

Rooty Hill
thanks for the offer. i would appriciate a trained eye looking ova my beast.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

sent you a PM give me a call
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

JJSyd wrote:122000
Rooty Hill
thanks for the offer. i would appriciate a trained eye looking ova my beast.
sounds like a great opportunity for a mini meet for WEST ppl.
I've seen HEAPS of FTO's in the west (particularly this area)... most of whom probably haven't had the chance to go to a FTO cruise...

if this is going to happen around the west... how about seeing if other FTO owners are interested in meetin up and getting their FTO looked over by our President :wink: and meeting other FTO owners and promoting the CLUB... 8)

provided this will be in the west area...
might actually get those ppl around the west to come and meet up...

ANYONE INTERESTED???

I'll be interested to met other FTO owners in the west... :D
are u guys meeting up on a weekend or weekinght?
<FONT color=#ff00ff size=2><FONT face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif" color=#ff00ff size=2><FONT size=2><FONT size=2>
<P>&nbsp;</P></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT>
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

lal wrote: sounds like a great opportunity for a mini meet for WEST ppl.
I've seen HEAPS of FTO's in the west (particularly this area)... most of whom probably haven't had the chance to go to a FTO cruise...

if this is going to happen around the west... how about seeing if other FTO owners are interested in meetin up and getting their FTO looked over by our President :wink: and meeting other FTO owners and promoting the CLUB... 8)

provided this will be in the west area...
might actually get those ppl around the west to come and meet up...

yeah nice idea... except i'm time poor at the moment...

tonight is probably the only night i'll have free until after the track day... :? as i'm away over this weekend and next week is looking messy with making sure Unique have Rob's and my car's ready for the track day....

once we've made arrangements for tonight (if we can) i'll let you guys know what's happening