Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ANBU_fto
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

shaking...

Post by ANBU_fto »

hi guys

i just changed my petrol from optimax to mobil 8k, and i noticed a little change....

when i had optimax and took off slowly, and because i have a manual, it took off pretty smoothly, as in when im in complete stop, check it in gear one and slowly just let it roll, and it would do it smoothly. now that i have molbil 8k, when i do that, my car starts to shake soooooooooo bad.... it scares me... feels like shes hurting or something. has anyone experienced this problem? is it easy fix?
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Optimax leaves behind a residue that might take a couple of tanks to clean out. You can possibly accelerate this process with a fuel system / injector cleaner.

You might also find that the car is re-adjusting itself to the new fuel. It can take around 100kms for the car to adjust itself when a change is made, alternatively you can reset the ECU to clear its memory.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

kekek i knew RU SHEE would come to my aid!!! kekek jks dude

but is it normal for it to be doing that.... sometimes it doesnt happen... oh and i just forgot, it started to shake heaps when i also had a full car today, but when i was driving by me self, it didnt shake as much
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

LOL! :lol:

I can't say for certain that it's the fuel, but it is quite common for people who swtich from Optimax to experience some weird things while it gets cleaned out of the system.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

hmmmmm i didn't had a problem what so ever when i switch from Optimax to Ultimate for my other car. I use Ultimate from day one for my FTO though.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I didn't have any problems either, but others have posted messages on this forum saying they did. Perhaps it depends upon how long you've been using optimax, perhaps the issue is coincidental and not related at all. :wink:
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

budget petrol down the road from me sells mobil premium and i just filled $10 the other day because id been driving with the orange light the whole day...

and this stuff from budget petrol is smoother and doesnt jolt like when i had optimax
wjhe
Apprentice

Post by wjhe »

interesting to know the effects everyone has on switching fuel types.
in that case...which of the fuel is best recommended??
seems like switching fuel is definitely not an good idea...

thanks
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

I'm currently trailing BP Ultimate at the moment (from Optimax).

This is the first time I'm using the BP fuel and I didn't get any funny reactions from the FTO.

The only complain I have so far is that it was about 4 cents more than Optimax (at my local servo).

I'm keeping a close eye on the mileage I'm getting from BP as opposed to Optimax and see how I go. Probably need a couple more tanks to clean out as much Optimax from the system as possible though.

But as far as performance wise, so far it's not something I can notice from day to day driving.
From FTO to EVO......
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

guys i dont think its the petrol that is making my car shake so bad!!!

the shaking is like when... um.. somethings u dump the clutch it has this little jumping effect, but in my case my car shakes so bad it hits like a 8.5 on the rictor scale.... someone help me.... i like driving manual.... i might have to switch to auto now... till my car is fixed....
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red