Where to get a fuel cap?

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

TimmyD
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Where to get a fuel cap?

Post by TimmyD »

So where can we get a fuel cap from? apart from mitsubishi dealers? like is there after market ones we can get?
because i kinda left mine at a fuel station :oops:

cheers
tim
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Re: Where to get a fuel cap?

Post by Guni_GuGu »

TimmyD wrote:So where can we get a fuel cap from? apart from mitsubishi dealers? like is there after market ones we can get?
because i kinda left mine at a fuel station :oops:

cheers
tim
Lol!!! I did this, THE DAY I bought my FTO... lol, and I did it in Sydney, driving home to melbourne :p There was no chance, of getting itback :p

I can't remember what model i got, but it was like a $15, used in the lancers i think, they didn't have fto's listed, i got it from repco.

Most fuel caps, will actually fit on, but, apparently it's important to get the proper one, so you are getting the right pressure from fuel or something.. i dunno...
xiang
Apprentice

Post by xiang »

so them cheap $5 dollar ones from the petrol station aint no good ?
GWIDO
Apprentice

caps

Post by GWIDO »

depending on your car the cap may or may not be vented.
The ones at the servos are ok for emergencies but they dont seal well and i reckon you lose fuel through sloshing and evaporation.
Also i think the emergency ones are 'technically' only allowed to be used on pre emmision vehicles, and we don't want to give the plod any reason for a sticker....
wrong fuel cap
worn wiper blades
hmm your brake pedal doesn't feel the same as the one in my datsun.
sticker. :evil:
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

i did too. But one day while using my temp cap, i saw someone had left their fuel cap on the pump! So i grabbed it, it fit so i still have it to this day :)

cheap alternative, is go to the servo, ask them you left your fuel cap there, usually they have a box full of them.

Grab a few, find one that fits, there ya go, free fuel cap :)