WHY?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ed
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

WHY?

Post by ed »

I change my stock 6x9 with a pioneer 330 watts ts something, now why it sound worst after, less bass and sound quality is not so good compared to the stock one. what could be the problem? do i need to put an amplifier, am i robbing it with the power it needs to sound good. help.... :(
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Check and make sure that you have your + and - wires connected at the right terminals on the speakers. You may have them the wrong way, which causes "Negative Cancellation"
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

are you using the stock stereo? If so the deck doesnt produce enough power to drive aftermarket speakers.
ed
Grease Monkey

Post by ed »

i have a pioneer deck with 50 watts mosfet, how would i know if its negative or positive? nothing written on the speakers. but if i turn the balance all the way to the left or to the right, the bass sound better.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

If thats the case, that definately sounds like you have a problem with the + and - wires. The easy way to check it, is just swap around one of the speaker wires on the speaker terminals. That should fix it.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

also make sure u do a quick tune of yr system. you'll be amazed how a little tuning goes a long way. :wink: